April 27, 2024, 12:49:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Chains in a Scene are not allowed to finish when changing Scene  (Read 712 times)

fisyx

• Apprentice
    • Fisyx
Chains in a Scene are not allowed to finish when changing Scene
« on: December 29, 2019, 05:21:07 pm »
Hello all

This is my first post so be gentle.  I am an old school 909+303 musician and getting to grips with new technology.

The BeatStep Pro is an awesome tool!

I have been experimenting with chains and scenes, and have an issue.  Here are the steps I took:

- Created five Drum patterns
- Created two chains that combine the above patterns
- Each time I created a chain, I saved them as Scene 1 and Scene 2

Each chain lasts 8 bars (or sequences).  They are saved correctly and when I play them individually they play through fine.

I enter Control mode and hit play - Scene 1 loops around fine.

However when I press Step 2 to select the next scene - it begins staight after the current sequence ends.  I am expecting it to happen change after the current CHAIN.

This makes me think, what is the purpose of a chain if it is not allowed to complete?  Particularly if the chain is very long ... the point of a chain for me is that you don't have to count the number bars.  If changing scene interuppts the current chain ... what is a chain really for?

It feels like there is a missing setting "Wait to Load Chain".

Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for reading!

fisyx

• Apprentice
    • Fisyx
Re: Chains in a Scene are not allowed to finish when changing Scene
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 04:54:44 pm »
Hi everyone - bumping this to the top of the list as no response ... would welcome any feedback or if I am doing something wrong.
Thanks.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines