April 26, 2024, 08:30:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No memory in Control Mode? PC & CC Encoder Issues  (Read 528 times)

Evets

No memory in Control Mode? PC & CC Encoder Issues
« on: December 29, 2019, 12:45:33 am »
To sum it all up, in Control Mode the encoders do not retain their settings, only their mapping.

Encoders do not "remember" last positions after turning off BSP

PC - When unit is turned off and on, the PC and encoder will go to zero.  For example, with Zoom Rhytmtrak 223, PC 4 will be drum kit 4.  When powered back on, encoder shows 0, and drum kit is now 0.  BUT sometimes, turning the encoder will put the program back to where it was last, minus or plus the notches turned.  So, even though it showed kit 0 and played kit 0, once the encoder is turned it will snap back to the program change number plus or minus the notches turned.

CC - When unit is turned off and on, encoder will show 0, but CC value will be correct.  Turning encoder one notch will now show correct value above or below original value.  For example, CC7, last left at 100, will show 0, but with correct volume.  In another instance, turning the encoder one notch takes the value and volume to 0, plus one notch, if turned clockwise. (new behavior on a new project, just happened today)

I hope this all makes sense.  Not necessarily that big of a deal with one PC and one CC per sequencer, but how about all the knob turning on a Volca Bass?  Yikes, that could be a bummer when I get mine set up!

Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 03:09:14 pm by Evets »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines