March 29, 2024, 08:27:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab and Logic Pro X  (Read 6107 times)

barthjen

Keylab and Logic Pro X
« on: December 27, 2019, 10:44:13 pm »
I am not able to get Keylab MK2 together with Logic. Everything works in DAW mode but I can not move between the tracks. For that I still have to use the mouse. The two arrow buttons does not work to switch between tracks. Any idea?

Ixindamix

• Apprentice
Re: Keylab and Logic Pro X
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 10:13:37 am »

Gajeman

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 02:55:27 am »
Hi, first post here.  Keylab 61 MkII arrived two days ago and I love it!  But I can't seem to get the DAW for Logic Pro X to work properly.

I've followed the directions from the link but Logic won't recognize the MkII.  There's an exclamation point on the icon after selecting Mackie Designs - Mackie Control.  The "TRACK CONTROLS" on the MkII are playing high notes, as if piano keys, and the faders, also on the MkII, are acting like the pitch bend wheel.  The "TRANSPORTS" buttons are  playing notes, as well.  Even the large selector knob, below the screen, is playing a note when I press it in.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

LBH

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 04:44:13 pm »
I guess it's a midi feedback, caused by a wrong setup.

Please tell the full name of the in- and output ports both for your Mackie and for your Keyboard controller setup in Logic.
Your controller setup should not be Essentials DAW in/ out - only the Mackie setup.

I see there is a type error in the links directions. It say you shall use the DAW output for the Input Port. The image show the correct setting using the DAW IN. The output shall be DAW OUT.

Gajeman

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 07:19:11 pm »
This (image) is what I get when trying to choose "Mackie Designs" in the Control Surfaces -Set Up window.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 07:35:24 pm »
And what about your Keyboard setup?

About the Mackie/ DAW setup, you can have a look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5UCFQ7YvKQ

I'm a windows user.

EDIT:
I just realize that you have a Keylab MKII, and that the link above is for Keylab Essential.

Here is another link: https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/setup-a-midi-controller-in-my-favorite-daw
It say: "In Logic Pro X, as soon as your MIDI controller is detected in the Audio MIDI Setup, the controller should be available in Logic Pro X."

I'm not sure what this means. But i assume it's the same as with Keylab Essential, just with Keylab MKII names.
EDIT END
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 07:47:30 pm by LBH »

Gajeman

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 08:48:11 pm »
Hi, LBH.

Thanks for the help.  As far as "keyboard setup", I'm not really sure what you mean.  I'm new to the midi controller world.  I've set "Logic" in the the Arturia Midi Control Center and I set "Logic" on the mkII screen in DAW mode.

The video link is perfect, and just what I need, unfortunately the Device Parameter window which opens for that..;k You Tuber, doesn't open for me.  I just get the Mackie icon and the exclamation point, so no way to select in and out.  Seems that my mkII isn't being seen by Logic (hence the lack of parameter options?)

LBH

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2020, 09:10:28 pm »
Do you have your controller connected to your computer with the supplied USB cable?

Found this: https://www.arturia.com/faq/keylabmkii/keylab-mkii-tips-tricks
Perhaps that helps. It's a better guide it look like.

I don't know if following this, will make your controller show up. If not - and if your controller is USB connected, then i suggest you contact Arturia support. I don't think i can help more than this.

Perhaps you don't need to set your controller up both as a keyboard and a control surface in apple OS/ Logic, but that was what i meant, and perhaps you shall set it up as a midi device too.

I can't rule out you have a Logic issue.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 09:13:05 pm by LBH »

Gajeman

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2020, 09:41:06 pm »
LBH,

I truly appreciate all your time and effort.  Thank you, very much!

I see my Arturia in "Audio MIDI Setup".  I can control Analog Lab in Logic (using the hardware knobs and faders on the mkII)  I can use software instruments from the Logic library.  So, basically, I can jam out and enjoy this wonderful piece of equipment, I just can't use the DAW controls.  I'm going to see if I can get things to work in Reaper.  I checked quickly in Ableton Live, last night, and the DAW mapping seemed to be working fine, although I've never used Live before. 

The mystery is my device parameters not appearing in Control Surfaces Set up. 

I'm searching for answers on Logic Pro forums and Apple forums as well. 

I'll post when I've found a solution.

Thanks again for all the love!

LBH

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2020, 10:01:34 pm »
Your welcome. Thanks.

If the controller work in other DAWs, then it look like it's about logic. So good idea to ask in an Apple forum, as i'm not an apple user.

I will be interested in knowing the solotion.

Good luck.

Fabrika Music

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2021, 05:53:06 pm »
Just select '' Logic '' on DAW mapping with the big knob on the keyboard and you are good to go

Just remember to follow the standard procedure on Logic Pro :

Control surfaces / Setup / Install // Mackie Designs / Mackie Control / Logic Control   > Add

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines