March 28, 2024, 11:42:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Triggering sequences from DAW  (Read 2518 times)

Mecanek

• Apprentice
Triggering sequences from DAW
« on: December 25, 2019, 10:37:15 am »
A minor nuisance, but it would be nice if there was a way to solve the following issue:

When syncing to Ableton, the sequencer patch will start playing immediately when I press play in Ableton. However, I would like to trigger the sequence from MIDI notes only, as I only want to play the sequence during specific parts of my arrangement. Now I have to turn down the master volume and manually press the stop button on the MF once my arrangement starts playing, so I can bring the master volume back up again and it will respond to the note triggers as intended. It's an okay workaround, but not ideal.

Is there a setting I'm overlooking that can tempo sync the MF to Ableton that won't start the sequence automatically but only when playing a note?

Mecanek

• Apprentice
Re: Triggering sequences from DAW
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 08:49:26 pm »
I guess not  ;D

TinyVince

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 08:41:44 pm »
Same issue here.Cruel feature and should fix.Whats the problem to start a sequence simply by pressing a key and stop again .

TLW

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 07:21:08 am »
The conventional MIDI approach is to start sequencers running as soon as they receive the Start signal. Which is part of the basic MIDI clock specification, and in today’s setups where there’s often more than one hardware sequencer is a nuisance.

CH7

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 03:17:31 am »
Is there a way to play, stop or record a sequence via midi CC.

Im surprised to find no mention of this in the MF midi implimentation charts.

This would be useful as i plan to use the MF as a sound source for another midi instrument,
and would like to use a midi foot switch to activate these functions on the MF.

vinark

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 08:50:31 am »
A minor nuisance, but it would be nice if there was a way to solve the following issue:

When syncing to Ableton, the sequencer patch will start playing immediately when I press play in Ableton. However, I would like to trigger the sequence from MIDI notes only, as I only want to play the sequence during specific parts of my arrangement. Now I have to turn down the master volume and manually press the stop button on the MF once my arrangement starts playing, so I can bring the master volume back up again and it will respond to the note triggers as intended. It's an okay workaround, but not ideal.

Is there a setting I'm overlooking that can tempo sync the MF to Ableton that won't start the sequence automatically but only when playing a note?
If somehow you can filter out the start and stop messages it will work. I use midiox for the filtering. But my setup is very large. Multiple computers with multiple midi interfaces. AFAIK tell it works best with the midi ports not with usb. And through must be off.

vinals

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 08:24:54 pm »
I'm not sure about ableton but cubase does have the option to turn off "always send start message when playing" to externally connected gear.

cmanagement100@gmail.com

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2022, 09:05:43 pm »
BUMP !!!!!

RMBL

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2022, 01:46:47 pm »
Same problem. It would be nice if there was a fix for this

jihouni

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2022, 10:11:14 am »
Your sharing is very helpful, I am struggling with such simple things

marmz

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2022, 11:20:22 am »
Same problem for me..
Did anyone find a solution? I need to transpose my sequences thru MIDI notes.
Hope for a fix (maybe a new utility setting) in next update!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 11:24:46 am by marmz »

marmz

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2022, 06:29:37 pm »
I'm not sure about ableton but cubase does have the option to turn off "always send start message when playing" to externally connected gear.

Nice! could me  explain how to apply MIDI-OX filtering to Live -> Microfreak connection?
I just istalled MIDI-OX on my pc, but i can't figure out how to make it work  ::)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines