April 20, 2024, 01:35:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Lost connection between 88 MKII and Piano V2  (Read 1172 times)

Peel

• Apprentice
Lost connection between 88 MKII and Piano V2
« on: January 02, 2020, 09:39:26 pm »
I just received my 88 MKII, and have been playing around with the Piano V2 software. Everything seems to work as expected, except if I walk away from the keyboard for a while, and my computer goes to sleep. When I come back and wake the laptop, it no longer has a connection to the KeyLab controller (the KeyLab remains powered on the whole time BTW). The MKII no longer shows up as an option on the Audio MIDI Settings dialog box under MIDI Devices. The only way I've been able to restore the connection is to quit Piano V2 and relaunch it, and once I've had to power cycle the MKII as well.
My settup: KeyLab 88 MKII running on USB power connected to MacBook Pro running Mojave, which it plugged into to mains power.

Is there a way to restore the connection without shutting everything down?

LBH

Re: Lost connection between 88 MKII and Piano V2
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 09:58:31 pm »
I sounds like it could be your USB connections shut down to save power, and thus the connection is lost because the connection suddenly vanish so to speak.
I would try to disable USB to shut down. Perhaps you can't use sleep mode at all.
I'm on Windows so i can't be more precise, or help further. But i assume you have sleep and power mode options just like on Windows.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Lost connection between 88 MKII and Piano V2
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 10:07:14 pm »
Hi The best thing to do is not to let the comp sleep but only set the display to sleep.
you can set it up in Apple/system preferences/energy saver
best set the computer to 1 hour before shutting down and screen 20 minutes
This will stop you losing connection for an hour at least.
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines