April 16, 2024, 10:32:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Help me understand Macros  (Read 1678 times)

Methodica

Help me understand Macros
« on: December 20, 2019, 02:33:37 pm »
Hello Arturians! I'm in process of learning Pigments 2 right now. I thought I was pretty familiar with softsynths but just can't figure out macros here very much. How do I program them? Or how do I add functions, lfo env control etc.?  Can't quite figure this part out. Hoping someone can help nudge me in the right direction of what I'm not able to see.

ex. I select the macro (M1) and then adjust knobs? and the adjustments should appear within the M1 box - but they don't. Some knobs do and some don't. I must be doing something wrong.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 02:56:39 pm by Methodica »

LBH

Re: Help me understand Macros
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 03:14:22 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

There a a couple of ways to do this. I suggest you look in the manual section "3.5. Macro controls" and section "11. MODULATION ROUTINGS".

When you are in "11.1.1.2. The Mod source view", then you can click and then drag the sliders in the center strip to add an amount of modulation, when the cursor change to a double arrow symbol, when your mouse hoover over a slider.

When you are in "11.1.1.3. The Mod target view", then you can click and then drag a ring around the parameter to add an amount of modulation, when the cursor change to a double arrow symbol. The symbol shows, when the mouse is over the edge of an parameter. You don't move the parameter it self but a ring around it.
This is what you directly ask about in your example, as i understand you, if you mean you select M1 in the center strip.

You can find the manual through the "? Help" in the main menu at the top left corner of the application, where it say "PIGMENTS".

Methodica

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 12:55:40 pm »
Thank you kindly, I will look there again maybe differently this time. Just eager to learn it and start growing with it somehow. Lots to do about it. Really love how flexible and reachable it is like programming it for some runs!

LBH

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 02:09:08 pm »
Your welcome. You'll soon get the hang of it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines