April 19, 2024, 01:08:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: One very good idea for the Random Modulators from the Modular World  (Read 1006 times)

LaserDolphin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • ?????
Hi,

I like random a lot, that Turing Modus is very nice but,

if you know "musicthing" - Turing Machine then I would very much appreciate in Pigments

LOCK or LOOP and SCRUB and EDIT LENGTH of a Random Sequence.

https://musicthing.co.uk/pages/turing.html
-> "Unlike many random voltage generators, these sequences can be locked into loops that repeat according to the length control."

Like that !!!
Cheers

captainbleep

• Apprentice
Re: One very good idea for the Random Modulators from the Modular World
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 05:53:22 pm »
I like random a lot, that Turing Modus is very nice but,

if you know "musicthing" - Turing Machine then I would very much appreciate in Pigments

LOCK or LOOP and SCRUB and EDIT LENGTH of a Random Sequence.

https://musicthing.co.uk/pages/turing.html
-> "Unlike many random voltage generators, these sequences can be locked into loops that repeat according to the length control."

Unless I'm misunderstanding your request, you can do that with the Flip and Length controls. Flip at 0% locks the current sequence at the number of steps you have selected with the Length control. One of my favorite things to do with this is to set Flip to a very small percentage (~10%) and length to something NOT divisible by 4. I then set the Rate to something really slow like 4/1. That means the sequence will advance one step every time I press a key and will change slightly over time. Soooo much fun. :)

LaserDolphin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • ?????
Re: One very good idea for the Random Modulators from the Modular World
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 05:52:15 pm »
yes but...

- locking a sequence dont work well or intuitive, i have mostly the the same sequence when i lock by turn Flip to zero, or i dont catch what i expect...its just ab bit tricky

- its only in the turing...not anywhere...it should be anywhere to have also the curvatures of "S&H randomisation"

- the function generator works better, but its not for lazy producers ^^,

anyways - nice to know and it works a bit

:)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 06:46:05 pm by LaserDolphin »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines