April 19, 2024, 08:16:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Per-voice/polyphonic modulation  (Read 1288 times)

hearechoes

• Apprentice
Per-voice/polyphonic modulation
« on: December 18, 2019, 12:23:28 am »
I feel like I'm missing something super obvious, but I can't figure out how to get variation between mod sources for each voice. The simplest example of what I'm talking about: LFO speeds change based on key, so the lowest note played would have a slower LFO speed than the higher notes. Both through using the keyboard as a mod source and the keytrack option in each LFO, the LFO always functions monophonically. Do I have to activate some option somewhere, is this a bug, or is it just that Pigments isn't designed to offer polyphonic modulation?

LBH

Re: Per-voice/polyphonic modulation
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 02:19:21 am »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

An example:
1. Set the LFO "Reset Source" to "Poly KBD". - Perhaps this is the missing link?
2. Use the modulator "KBD" as modulation source and set a modulation value to modulate the LFO "Rate".

hearechoes

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 08:07:42 pm »
Thank you! I thought I'd tried that but maybe not. My only gripe with this method is that the LFOs for every voice begin in sync with each other if keys played simultaneously, before diverging. Which isn't a big deal for a lot of patches (and can be a great sound design feature for some) but can be a problem for others. Ideally I'd like to get this behavior in free running mode.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 08:43:05 pm »
Your welcome.

My only gripe with this method is that the LFOs for every voice begin in sync with each other if keys played simultaneously, before diverging. Which isn't a big deal for a lot of patches (and can be a great sound design feature for some) but can be a problem for others. Ideally I'd like to get this behavior in free running mode.
You can modulate the LFO phase. You can in example try the KBD modulator for this. Then each voice LFO will begin at a different phase point.

Just in case: You can also select KeyTrack to Rate modify in the selector at low left in the LFO's.  That's easier, when you wan't keytrack to modify the rate.

And you can set LFO rate to Hertz instead of Sync.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 09:09:52 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines