April 19, 2024, 01:59:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Synths must be reopened when opening a session or they won't jump to new patch  (Read 1286 times)

Karlos

• Apprentice
When I create a new patch, the synth will jump to it in the (very long) list of all patches. This is in the behavior of the newly opened synth.

However when I open a session which had a synth in it, in Studio One, it will NOT jump to the new patches I create but will only show the top of the list of patches (alphabetically) or "default" view. 

This causes me to have to replace the synth in the track with some other virtual instrument, then replace that vi with the synth and reopen the patch I had saved last before saving the session in Studio One.

Can you research this and find out why it doesn't open with full functionality when I open it in a saved session of S1, but instead jumps to the newly created patches instead of the top of the list only.

It is a major pain scrolling thru 500 patches to get to a newly created patch named "zebra tone".

LBH

I use Studio One 3.5.6. The latest version of Studio One 3. I'm on Windows 10 version 1909.

Are you talking about a instruments that's loaded on a track, and have your own preset set, when you save the song/ project?

Are you having this issue with all V-Collection applications?

Which OS do you use?
Which Studio One version so you use?

EDIT: Are your V-Collection plugins updated? EDIT END
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 04:04:53 pm by LBH »

ronf57@aol.com

When I create a new patch, the synth will jump to it in the (very long) list of all patches. This is in the behavior of the newly opened synth.

However when I open a session which had a synth in it, in Studio One, it will NOT jump to the new patches I create but will only show the top of the list of patches (alphabetically) or "default" view. 

This causes me to have to replace the synth in the track with some other virtual instrument, then replace that vi with the synth and reopen the patch I had saved last before saving the session in Studio One.

Can you research this and find out why it doesn't open with full functionality when I open it in a saved session of S1, but instead jumps to the newly created patches instead of the top of the list only.

It is a major pain scrolling thru 500 patches to get to a newly created patch named "zebra tone".

I had just installed V collection 7 and when launching Analog Lab it started the tutorial but locked up during the tutorial and would not change programs requiring me to shut down analog lab and relaunching it so program changes were possible using the top arrows in the software but the virtuals would no longer respond to normal midi program change . Also when attempting to program the 4 data sliders on my Alesis QS7 to control the virtuals volume, filter resonance and frequency--each time I assigned a slider ALL 4 data sliders began controlling that parameter. and again program change commands stopped working. i tried this in mellotron, cz v, and synthi v. each program changed reset the volume slider to approximately 40% too.
this is weird behaviours.

LBH

Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

@ronf57@aol.com
Which tutorials use ProgramChange messages?

One shall only use ProgramChange messages if one use Concerts or Playlists in the applications. If you have a concert or playlist with less than 128 presets, then it will stop, when there is no more presets in the list.

If you look at the Browser page, then you'll also see a lot more than 128 presets, and the preset banks can change all the time, so you can't use bank select. You can with concerts/ playlists. So what excactly is wierd behavior and why?
ProgramChange is only 128. Bank select is also 128. That's just how it is, if you look at the midi standards for those messages.
Which synths with advanced preset browsers does'nt require lists to use ProgramChange, if it can use it at all, and which can use Bank select at all? I'm curious to know.

But yes, if the OP somehow send a ProgramChange to each application on a track, then that could cause the preset to go to a certain preset. But i would believe such ProgramChange would first be send when the DAW was running and not at load like the OP tell. But it's good to be aware of this anyway, just in case it somehow could have to do with ProgramChange.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 06:27:01 am by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines