March 28, 2024, 10:17:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab not saving chosen preset  (Read 3080 times)

Bswett

• Apprentice
Analog Lab not saving chosen preset
« on: December 13, 2019, 02:20:10 am »
I saw a somewhat related thread down here but it didn't explain very well what the plan is. Ableton 9 here, macOS. Saved a new project with 3 instances of analog lab and various different pad presets. All good. Closed the project various times and reopened with no problems.
Today I opened the project again and all analog lab plugins reverted to an organ preset. Unfortunately I trusted Arturias team and didn't write down the names of the patches in a safe place, in a note pad, in a post it, or tattooed it on my arm. Now my project is screwed. Have to go fish for new sounds....

Is there a plan of action here? Is this gonna get fixed? The instrument is worthless if one can't trust that its gonna retain the saved sounds....

Help.

sundar

• Apprentice
Re: Analog Lab not saving chosen preset
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 01:16:55 pm »
Hi mate, It was me who had the same problem with Analog Lab and Reason.

The problem seems to be that when you open up your project again, the plugins are using the patches saved in the "concerts" part instead of your chosen patch.

To fix it I deleted all concerts, including the demo concert, so there is nothing there for it to default to.
I do remember it was a bit of a faff, needing to delete the concerts in the plugin popup within my DAW, and also delete them from the Analog Lab main application.
I recall doing this multiple times until it stuck.

If you do this without saving over your project, you should have the original patches you had previous to this error occurring.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 01:19:36 pm by sundar »

Bswett

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 01:30:15 pm »
Well thanks so much for answering. I’ll try that again. Unfortunately I already tried replacing the sounds and saved so I doubt I’ll find the patch with its original tweeks again. But i will try this. Not sure where to delete the concerts though. The three dots on the top right of the left panel? When I do that and close the program, the saved patch remains but the concerts list is back. Do I have to do this every time? And should I do this as well on the standalone version?

And more importantly, is Arturia gonna do something about it?

Bswett

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 12:53:03 am »
Hellooooo? I can't be the only one.
I did reach out tech support and they shine for their absence....
Is this gonna get solved?
Anyone there? Arturia? Come ça va?

LBH

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 01:34:49 am »
Just in case: You contact Arturia support through your account. So if you have'nt done that, then i suggest you do.
You can't count on Arturia to answer in the forums, even if they sometime do, and even if they have read your posts and noted your issue.
This does'nt have to be a Arturia issue, but it can be. Analog Lab has just been updated.

Lance001

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 12:28:49 pm »
I'm having this same AWFUL issue and it's ruined two projects already that are on a tight deadline. Uninstalling Arturia Lab and will find equivalent patches in Omni/Serum, because at least I know my project won't be RANDOMLY ALTERED BY BUGS (yay, default 3osc!) when I update to the latest software. Jesus, what a complete mess.

Bswett

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 05:55:50 am »
Just in case: You contact Arturia support through your account. So if you have'nt done that, then i suggest you do.
You can't count on Arturia to answer in the forums, even if they sometime do, and even if they have read your posts and noted your issue.
This does'nt have to be a Arturia issue, but it can be. Analog Lab has just been updated.

Yep. Updated to latest version and now it’s worse. Crashed ableton and strange giant font GUI.

MacOS, ableton 9. Crappy.....

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines