April 26, 2024, 01:23:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Help with new Real Time sequencer recording option - metronome?  (Read 1058 times)

vocemur

• Apprentice
Help with new Real Time sequencer recording option - metronome?
« on: December 16, 2019, 06:11:49 pm »
Without hearing a metronome beat, I am not having much success using the real-time recording option.  If I have a standalone Matrixbrute and Garageband is there any way I can get a little click track going?  Thanks for your help and suggestions.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Help with new Real Time sequencer recording option - metronome?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 07:34:06 pm »
Real time recording is perhaps most useful when you have some other sounds going on other synced synths/drum-machines to keep time. You could also use the metronome in Garageband. If you only have the MxB to work with, you could lay down e.g. root notes on every (or every Nth) step using step time recording, then switch to real time and play in time to that.

vocemur

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 06:48:14 pm »
thanks, I will try that!

yeskeys

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 11:19:00 pm »
I'm pretty sure you could cook up a metronome within the MB by syncing an LFO to the MB clock, and using that to open a filter that you are running noise through.  Using a sawtooth down or a square wave LFO.  I will try to cook one up for you in the next week or few days, as this is a feature I've been meaning to get to myself.  I'm sure there are a few ways to make it happen as well.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines