April 19, 2024, 11:27:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pigments 2: Sequencer Rate not syncing in Ableton Live 10  (Read 1371 times)

tiddex

• Apprentice
Pigments 2: Sequencer Rate not syncing in Ableton Live 10
« on: December 16, 2019, 10:02:11 am »
Hi everyone,

I am using the latest version of Ableton Live suite and have Pigments 2 running as VST plugin.

As the topic says, the sequencer rate is not synced to the bpm-rate of the Ableton project. Changing the bpm of the live set has no effect on the seq-rate whatsoever.
In the initially loaded preset (a bell sound) I only notice a strange effect on LFO1´s amplitude when I change the bpm.

Do I have to set up Pigments in any way to sync? The manual on the resources page is for Pigments v1 and it only mentions that the bpm-rate is always synced to the DAW when running in vst-mode.

Am I missing something?

Le Djo Arturia

• Jade Forest DSP Scout
  • Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
Re: Pigments 2: Sequencer Rate not syncing in Ableton Live 10
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 02:29:38 pm »
Hi,

In the Rate section of the sequencer, make sure you have selected Sync in the drop down menu.
The effect you describe on the LFO might be because the sequencer is on free running while the LFO rate is Synced to the BPM. If you have selected Mono KBD as the Reset Source, then each new note of the sequencer will reset the LFO to it's initial state. In that configuration, if you increase the BPM, you only increase the rate of the LFO so it goes to a higher amplitude before it gets reseted by the fixed rate sequencer.

Anyway, if you click on the drop down under the Rate knob you open a pop-up called Rate Type which allows you to sync the sequencer to the BPM.

Cheers
Bon, Djo, J'ai une dédicasse pour toi mon cousin.

LBH

Re: Pigments 2: Sequencer Rate not syncing in Ableton Live 10
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 04:51:46 pm »
HI,

I can add, that the Pigments manual version 2.0.0 is for Pigments 2 (it's only in English right now it look like.). But Sync worked in the same way in Pigments 1, so i guess you have misunderstood the manual. I think it could be writen more clear.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 05:11:59 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines