March 28, 2024, 10:29:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Could I use the arp as synth for a guitar?  (Read 13026 times)

persons

Could I use the arp as synth for a guitar?
« on: June 03, 2005, 10:42:46 pm »
I know that this questiom may be stupid, but i m trying to find a vst synth for my guitar, so, can I use it for my porpouse?
If not, which instrument would be good for that?

thanks

FabP

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 11:46:23 am »
If you have a guitar to midi converter, you can use the ARP as a guitar synthesizer.
You may also use it as an effect, and maybe as a guitar synthesizer AND an effect for your guitar at the same time !!
I think it may be very cool to do that !
Fabrice PAUMIER
ARTURIA Marketing Manager

strings

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 08:37:22 am »
I have been trying this...using a Roland GR-1 & GK2a ...  and a soundblaster Extigy ..so far the Latency is so slow it makes the 2600 TOTALLY UNUSABLE even with ASIO Direct X full duplex driver on an AMD1400 Athlon, 7200RPM hard drive, 256Mb RAM on a clean install of XP pro  . Even using Cakewalks TTS Virtual Piano there is way too much delay between input and the 2600 responsing..I will be testing more with a Roland SI-24 Asio driver, within Cubase VST 5.1 and using a Roland MIDI Keyboard and GI-10 guitar to midi convertor and if I can't get it faster, will be selling the 2600v and ALL my arturia products  ..

strings

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 08:37:38 am »
I have been trying this...using a Roland GR-1 & GK2a ...  and a soundblaster Extigy ..so far the Latency is so slow it makes the 2600 TOTALLY UNUSABLE even with ASIO Direct X full duplex driver on an AMD1400 Athlon, 7200RPM hard drive, 256Mb RAM on a clean install of XP pro  . Even using Cakewalks TTS Virtual Piano there is way too much delay between input and the 2600 responsing..I will be testing more with a Roland SI-24 Asio driver, within Cubase VST 5.1 and using a Roland MIDI Keyboard and GI-10 guitar to midi convertor and if I can't get it faster, will be selling the 2600v and ALL my arturia products  ..

Sweep

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 12:40:51 am »
Just happened to read the right other thread before reading this one. Strings resolved the latency problem he mentions here. See:

http://ns20209.ovh.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1151

for the solution he found.

ws_dev2001

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Could I use the arp as synth for a guitar?
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 11:55:20 am »
Hi Persons/FabP,
Have you been able to hook it up ? Guitar to MIDI will require another step if you intend to connect it to the PC, which is MIDI to USB. Is this correct ?
On a side note, I already have a guitar to pc link, and actually loaded arp efx dll into the VST plugins folder of a tool called Audacity. Since I am on Windows 7 I am using v 1.3 of this tool. It detects the ARP dll as a VST effect, but when it tries to apply the effect it opens a window which doesnt allow me to load any presets and I dont know how to wire the required panels to achieve the Mg synth effect for my electric guitar.
Please help.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines