January 26, 2022, 05:56:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arpeggiator - Custom, Add Rests, Octave Range Selection  (Read 953 times)

joaoorecchia

• Apprentice
Arpeggiator - Custom, Add Rests, Octave Range Selection
« on: December 05, 2019, 12:31:49 pm »
Hello!

I love the thing but the arpeggiator is so repetitive, imo due to a lack of flexibility. I'd love to see:

1. the ability to create custom arpeggio rhythms in MCC. This could be as simple as the ability to switch each step on or off so more interesting patterns can be made.

and/or

2. the ability to add rests to the arp pattern on the fly. This could be done in the same way as the new Sequence Length update - record + x switches that step off or on

3. a single button selection of the octave range. Great that 32 notes can be added, but I'd love to tell it to arpeggiate 3 notes over 2 or 3 octaves without having to build it. It't not practical when playing through a progression where every chord should be arped over 3 octaves.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Arpeggiator - Custom, Add Rests, Octave Range Selection
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 03:16:22 am »
3. a single button selection of the octave range. Great that 32 notes can be added, but I'd love to tell it to arpeggiate 3 notes over 2 or 3 octaves without having to build it. It't not practical when playing through a progression where every chord should be arped over 3 octaves.

Have you tried this: "You can even do multi-octave arpeggiations by holding Shift and pressing the Oct+ or Oct- buttons multiple times. Doing so will let you repeat the arpeggiation up or down by up to four octaves."
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

fenin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 07:50:24 pm »
noice...
keep on dubbin

joaoorecchia

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 05:13:44 pm »

Have you tried this: "You can even do multi-octave arpeggiations by holding Shift and pressing the Oct+ or Oct- buttons multiple times. Doing so will let you repeat the arpeggiation up or down by up to four octaves."

@megamarkd I completely missed that! Thanks, I'm gonna try it soon as I get in front of it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines