February 07, 2023, 11:58:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

Arturia Forums

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
Message icon:

Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write arturia backwards, without uppercase:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview

Topic Summary

Posted by: Jedanor
« on: August 01, 2016, 06:12:42 am »

I won't go into too many specifics.  In a nutshell, when I moved my files originally to an external drive, there was a computer ID file and a few other important files that somehow are attached to your machine by the ASC when it licenses.  For whatever reason, all my reinstalls showed these id files as zero bytes in my preferences.  Luckily, I had these files on the external drive still and I overwrote them to my preferences.  This then allowed me to run ASC all the way through and license the machine.  The weird part about it all is that this machine would not license even though the Arturia site said it was.  Interesting.  I hope this may discourage anyone from being an idiot like I was and to think they can run these files on an external drive as I assumed.  All is well in my Arturia world now and hopefully this may help someone else that relocates files, but still has the original files to fix the problem.  Without those, I'm not sure how Arturia engineers would guide you to fix the problem.

Posted by: Jedanor
« on: August 01, 2016, 04:15:29 am »


New to the forums but have been using Arturia for a few months.  I'll try to keep this brief, but will give the specifics enough that someone may know what to do here. 

I have V Collection V and IV.  I had it working superbly on two computers, but one of my comps went down so I decided get a new computer and reformat my FW computer (so UAD would work better) back to Mavericks.  The Mavericks system installed fine.  The new mac, initially installed fine.  A friend talked me into betting a server.  It is Linux based.  On the machine that won't activate, I pulled all the Arturia files to the server, then realized later they weren't samples at all and that this wasn't necessary.  Either way, I've gone through tech support, deleted all setup files it said to set up, changed my comp name to see if it would work, etc., and reinstalled this software maybe 10 times now, and ASC still gives me a "Machine registration failed" message when I try to activate my product back on the new mac.  Arturia reset all my registrations, but still, same result. 

So, if any mac guru has a clue what I can do to make Arturia see this computer correctly or as a fresh install (which it obviously is having some type of issue), let me know. 


Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines