April 20, 2024, 07:46:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A new CS-80 emulation on the round  (Read 4836 times)

omissis

A new CS-80 emulation on the round
« on: April 30, 2005, 02:26:30 pm »
I have found a new CS-80 emulation at

http://extra.schematron.com/Ricko-3A.html

It is still a raw, primitive CS architecture emulation but has some nice points at it such a close ringmodulator emulation :roll:  :roll: ....I think the guys at Arturia must feel pushed on to make their best for the new update!![/url]
Max

a CS-80Vist

RoyOrbisonCS-80

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 09:47:56 pm »
Hello,
The link you gave only takes me to a vs version of the Roland SH-3a synth. I searched around for CS-80 type matches and didn't find anything.  Is there something I'm missing?
I did enjoy the "Exterminate" sample that was offered, however, but it seems to use more phasing than ring mod.  

Thank you for your probing and ceaseless devotion to the CS-80, Max, and also for the patches too. I hope to offer a mp3 file soon for folks to hear how I approach the CS as played through the V. It really reminds me of the real thing 95% of the time.

Ciao,
Tommy (ROCS-80)

omissis

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 11:25:27 pm »
Here's the correct link

http://extra.schematron.com/CS-80R.zip

Thanx to you ROCS!
One thing I noted was the good design of the ringmodulator ( well, I must admit I gave the man some hints about the amount parameter which had to be doubled in depth to provide real ringmodulation and not only AM  :oops:  :oops:  )...I desperately hope Xavier could have centered the problem with the one on the V : at the moment the feel of the MOD parameter simply isn't that of a CS-80 because something wrong prevents to hear the doubling of modulation ( which is a result of phase subtraction of the modulator wave, it happens increasing the amplitude in modulator signal compared to the carrier signal....apparently difficult but not so much   :roll:  :wink: ) which is FUNDAMENTAL to get those famous subtle modulations we could appreciate in such records as BEAUBOURG (Vangelis ) or OVER THE TOP (Cozy Powell group). Also there are some serious bug problems within the interaction of the dedicated envelope (on the CS-80R all this section behaves perfectly! )
The RM is one of the three core elements of a CS synth emulation and this should be perfect in the V :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x !

The developer told this emulation is born to give a glimpse of the particular way a CS synth produced sound. HIs goal would be to recreate the closest thing to his CS-60...I suggested him toend up with a true CS-60V with a dedicated GUI and all that...it could be a nice idea for those who can't carry the ( virtual ) weight of a CS-80V :wink:  :wink:  :wink:
Max

a CS-80Vist

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines