April 19, 2024, 11:56:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CS-80V : the ( unofficial ) list !  (Read 19822 times)

omissis

CS-80V : the ( unofficial ) list !
« on: April 01, 2005, 10:01:18 am »
BUG FIXINGS REQUIRED

Ringmodulator:

1. reshape the sine wave( on the real thing it's a way between a [edit] sine and a triangular )

2. remove the "PWM" artifact at low MOD rates, ( undesired harmonic subtraction phenomenon ) DONE!!

3. better tweak to the MOD parameter's behaviour ( actually doesn't work as on the real ringmodulator )  DONE!!

4. the DEPTH function doesn't "remember" its position , so to cause a wrong modulation with the AD envelope  DONE!!

5. make the AD levers work in real-time ( actually don't work )  DONE!!

6. sometimes the envelope modulation is triggered even with the DEPTH lever set to zero  DONE!!

Filters:

1. when both HPF and LPF are active you couldn't set filter's Attack time under 1 ms: when the setting is like this the synth won't produce sound ; please fix it!!!  DONE!!

2. it seems there's a small amount of Resonance going into the signal path even if the Res sliders are set to zero ( happens both with 12dB/Oct and 24 db/Oct )  DONE!!

PORT/GLISS slider :

make it work in real time!  DONE!!

Ribbon :

1. eliminate the glided return after the bending has been done  DONE!!

2. Set it with "pressed note priority" when SUSTAIN I is active  DONE!!

Sub Osc :

Better tweak the VCA amount control : it clips the thing to death when set at high values!  DONE!!

GENERAL FIXINGS REQUIRED ( including GUI )  :

1. less digital stepping

2. remove crackles and pops when moving sliders  DONE!!

3.  Initial Pitchbend wrongly works ( please reduce the way too deeper response at high values)  DONE!!

4. Restore a correct color code for the panel presets ( FUNKY 1-2-3-4 = GREEN, ORGAN 1-2 = WHITE , GUITAR 1-2 = YELLOW )  DONE!!

5. Are the moving fans really this useful ( on the original there was no trace of them  :wink: ! ) ? You could take them off to make room for the additional Transpose and Fine controls ( ok, this is only a personal opinion  :oops: - M )

6. [added Fri ,29 Apr, 2005] Chorus/Tremolo and Delay : the section has a strange behaviour, for example with Ch and Del ON it seems the Ch affects the delayed signal only, not the dry, with both Ch/Tr ON the dry signal disappears and with the Mix parameter at zero there is no sound at all ! Also, the Chorus doesn't sound quite similar to the original  
(partially)  DONE!!

FEATURES' REQUEST  

1. Freerunning oscillators! maybe on version 2.0

2. Fine tuning and Transpose for each single VCO per voice card  
( partially done, a tuning for each single vco implies a deep redesign of the synth )

3. Redesigned waveforms ( for sawtooth , square and sine-same for the ringmodulator's wave )
( done on sawtooth, coming soon for the others)

4. More MIDI controls for Arpeggiator ( Note priority, Channel Aftertouch, Velocity... to destination Tempo  )

5. Individual Arpeggiator for each zone !!

6. Set a better Up/Down /U-D mode ( or add a classic Roland-style u/d mode )

7. Matrix, new destinations : RingMod MOD, Pan ,  [added Fri ,29 Apr, 2005] new source :  Ringmodulator's sine wave

8. External input as Sub Oscillator Waveform ( as on the original )  ( maybe on v 2.0 )

9. Useful to have the ability of patch saving for each synthesis line ( as on the original )

More to come :wink:

Any request in Technical  Issues

thread : http://forums.arturia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=851
Max

a CS-80Vist

bg

• Beta-testers
Re: CS-80V : the ( unofficial ) list !
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 03:46:55 pm »
Quote from: "omissis"

7. MIDI control for Matrix knobs

I believe this is already implemented, no?

omissis

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 12:09:09 am »
OOPPSS !!! :oops:  :oops:  :oops:
Yup, you're right ! I will remove it from the list now!
Max

a CS-80Vist

FabP

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 07:39:33 am »
Xavier will be very happy to read this post   :roll:

Thanks again, Max !!  :lol:
Fabrice PAUMIER
ARTURIA Marketing Manager

omissis

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 09:33:08 am »
He was  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: waiting for it and couldn't sleep about it!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Max

a CS-80Vist

omissis

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 09:35:45 am »
Anyway I think it's the most thorough analysis one could ever do: now Xavier has clear what the bugs are ( for the least  :wink:  :wink: )
Max

a CS-80Vist

bg

• Beta-testers
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 09:34:45 pm »
Here's a re-post from an earlier thread.  Can someone confirm this behavior?  If so, perhaps it should be added to the bug fix list.

Quote from: "bg"
I don't know if this has been covered before, but there may be a problem with the Chorus and Tremolo implementation.

When Chorus is turned on I hear the chorus effect.  But if Delay is also turned on, the chorus effect almost disappears from the main signal.  The echos have the full chorus effect, but not the main sound.  In other words, If Delay is on Chorus only effects the delayed signal, not the primary signal.

If Delay is on and Tremolo and Chorus are both on, the primary sound completely disappears.  Tremolo and Chorus are applied correctly, but only to the output of the delay circuit.  The primary signal disappears.

omissis

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 09:02:09 am »
You're right bg, I don't like that behaviour too but rather than a bug it seems to me maybe that was a precise choice when they decided how to implement the delay! Frankly anyway, I can't explain that behaviour :shock:  :shock:  :roll: ....Another that I call a bug or a bad code is the Chorus itself which sounds different from the original Chorus unit.....the usual example is UK's Alaska :roll:  :roll:
Max

a CS-80Vist

omissis

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 09:36:55 pm »
Hi guys

I just wanted to tell you to be prepared for the new update, Xavier is working harder than ever and many of us will be   happy!!!

:D :D :D :D
Max

a CS-80Vist

poropat

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2005, 06:41:07 am »
hope it will happen very soon :D
I just got a killer PC  :twisted:
VCollection 8

omissis

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2005, 04:37:44 pm »
It will be worth the wait,  :D  :D sure!!
Max

a CS-80Vist

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines