you might need to set them to "Control Toggle" in the midi control center. Here's what I did to get them working in Reason 5:
1) connect lab49 to reason in the midi preferences
2) close reaon
3) open the midi control center
4) click "default values" on the right
5) select the play/stop/record buttons
6) change each "mode" dropdown to "Control Toggle"
7) click "save" on the right and save the profile so you can easily "load" it each time you fire up the midi control center
click "send to keyboard on the right"
9) close the midi control center
10) shut the power switch on your lab49 off, then back on after a few seconds
Now your sequencer buttons should behave properly in most apps.
Now, if only anybody knows how to make the drumpads work in Reason, FL Studio, or Pro Tools, that would be awesome