March 29, 2024, 01:17:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi question  (Read 2194 times)

phillipf

Midi question
« on: March 15, 2017, 03:57:55 pm »
Forgive me if this has been asked a million times before, but the search function did not yield an answer that was helpful....

I'm running my BSP into a MakeNoise 0-Coast and a euro-rack.

Ideally I would like to control the 0-Coast (as Sequencer 1) into its Midi-In and control the euro-rack (as Sequencer 2) using cv/gate.

The problem I can't seem to get around is that when I'm connecting to the 0-Coast via BSP midi-out, it sends the signal regardless of what sequencer channel I'm on. This creates all sorts of conflict...So for example if I create a sequence on Sequencer 1 it sends the signal to the 0-Coast no problem (thats what I expect/want). However if I create a sequence on Sequencer 2 it sends that to the euro-rack via cv/gate (as I want/expect) BUT also sends a signal to the 0-Coast (not what I want) creating the issue.

Is it possible to have the midi out of the BSP only send from Sequencer 1? I can't figure this and it is really creating problems for me. Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

StutzJr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Midi question
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 08:45:45 pm »
According to the 0-coast user guide, it defalts to recieve midi on all channels, but it is possible to change this using midi control codes (pages 10-14?).  There should probably be an easier direct way but without a menu screen I'm not sure and unfortunately I don't have one to try.  I believe as long as the 0-coast recieves on all channels it won't make any difference how you set the bsp..
http://www.makenoisemusic.com/content/manuals/0-coast_manual.pdf

Edit: page numbers
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 08:50:10 pm by StutzJr »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines