April 24, 2024, 02:17:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ghost LEDs  (Read 1941 times)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Ghost LEDs
« on: March 15, 2017, 03:23:58 am »
When a LED in matrix column 1 is lit, LEDs on the same row in column 4 and 8  are also dimly lit. This pattern repeats for column 9 for which LEDs in column 12 and 16 are dimly lit. This repeats for all rows and for all matrix panel modes and colours. The 4/8 and 12/16 column LEDs are quite dim, but still easily seen in a not so well lit room. The 4 and 12 column LEDs seem to be somewhat dimmer than the 8 and 16 column LEDs. Also, the 4/8 and 12/16 column LEDs flickers a bit when changing the patch and also afterwards, although at a slower random'ish rate.

Does anybody else have the same thing (dim your lights if checking for this)?

BobTheDog

Re: Ghost LEDs
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 08:30:43 am »
Same here, I had noticed it before but hadn't looked into it in detail but doing so now mine is exactly the same.

PXPT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • MatrixBrute twiddler
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 09:14:34 am »
Just checked and I can confirm that it is the same with mine. Looks like it's an artifact of the multiplexed scanning of the matrix board. If the multiplexing is done via a hardware counter/decoder then there's probably nothing that can be done with it. But I suspect the panel is handled by it's own processor in which case it's program could be tweaked.

Kogi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 10:52:45 am »
Is the same as what happens to my MB, it does not bother me but it looks weird.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 03:15:15 pm »
OK, so nothing out of the normal. Thanks for checking guys, that puts my mind at ease :)

@PXPT : There's an ARM uC on the matrix board, so with a bit of luck the switch timing can be tweaked.

SoundRider

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 08:45:55 pm »
Funny, have this too ... is this light traveling along the semitransperent rubber, or LEDs inadvertently powered  ???

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 10:00:37 pm »
It's not light bleed, that's just happens with the couple of closest buttons. This is in the firmware/circuitry. Better mention that it doesn't bother me much, especially now that I know it's common to all units, and perhaps even fixable in firmware.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 10:11:41 pm by DrJustice »

SoundRider

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 10:11:12 pm »
Yeah ... same here, as long as there is no issue with the synth, it's no problem for me either  8)

You are right ... in dim light I can see a bleedng from a central LED to the buttons next to it too. It's the nature of the rubber and is no problem at all  :D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines