March 28, 2024, 10:29:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: (Solved) Problems with midi and the arpeggiator.  (Read 5453 times)

Kogi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
(Solved) Problems with midi and the arpeggiator.
« on: March 14, 2017, 12:50:03 pm »
Hi,
I work with the drumbrute as a Master with cable midi and I don`t have any problem to start a sequence with drumbrute to play both, but when I change to arpeggiator the Matrixbrute  does nothing. I press the sequencer button again and It works and arpeggiator don`t. The same issue is with Logic Audio 9 with USB, the sequence starts with logic the arp don`t.
Could anybody help me?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:13:47 pm by Kogi »

SoundRider

Re: Problems with midi and the arpeggiator.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 01:33:24 pm »
Maybe your sequence is "auto-play" and for your arp you should use the "hold"-key in the performance department?

Kogi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 02:40:28 pm »
The problem is the sequencer is  always in autoplay as it should be, why does not the arp?.With the same initial path without any sequence edition it starts as all my other synths(They begin to operate both the sequencer or the arpeggiator) with the play button(from Drumbrute in this case). Why the MB arpeggiator doesn`t. Matrixbrute only have two buttons: sequencer on/off and arp on/off. I know put both together now is disabled by Arturia for corrections. Can it be that arpeggiator does not have all its functions yet?

SoundRider

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 02:46:32 pm »
I suppose ... that's just it ... there are some things unfinished.

What I didn't understand is, how you mean automatically starting the arp? You play out the chord and nothing happens? Haven't tried the arp with external clock myself, though.

Kogi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 07:03:03 pm »
The arpeggiator works correctly with the internal clock of the MB what does not work is with an external clock like with Logic or my Drumbrute.
If.If both the arpeggiator and the sequencer did not work, surely it would be some kind of failure of mine with the midi, which I do not understand is that one works and the other does not.

SoundRider

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 09:03:16 pm »
Now I have done a short test myself ... here we go ... :D

external clock --> MB
midi-sync: on

• sequencer on --> sequence is played according to external clock speed
  • sequencer off / arpeggiator on --> silence
  • one key pressed --> arp plays one note repeatedly according to external clock speed
  • chord pressed --> arp plays chord-arpeggio as expected
  • hands off --> silence
  • chord pressed --> hold-button pressed --> hands off --> arpeggiator plays chord-arpeggio
TBH ... this is exactly how I expected this to work. Have this on other synths with arps exactly the same way. We have to activate the arp by pressing at least one key to get it going  :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 09:08:35 pm by SoundRider »

Kogi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 11:13:07 pm »
Thanks SoundRider for your test.  You're right, I checked with my other synth and the arpeggiator was triggered because the sequencer was also on. Perhaps this is what has confused me. I've changed and restructured my way to work after a long break and maybe I'm a little rusty.

SoundRider

Re: (Solved) Problems with midi and the arpeggiator.
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 12:47:39 pm »
You're welcome, great to thear that this has been not an issue of your synth.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines