March 28, 2024, 12:10:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Swing: Can I use Time Division of 1/16 but keep Swing based on 1/8?  (Read 1561 times)

aguynamedben

The Swing setting on the BeatStep Pro seems unnecessarily tied to the Time Division settings. For example, if you're using Time Division of 1/8, it's possible to swing 8th notes by adjusting Swing, but when doing that you lose the ability to insert 16th notes on the pattern. When you switch Time Division to 1/16, 16th notes become swing and there is no way to swing only 8th notes. I can use the "shift" feature to mimic the swing (i.e. with Time Division of 1/16, push back notes 3, 7, 11, and 15 in the pattern), but that's a pain.

There are a lot of rhythms (i.e. train beat) that rely on 16th notes with swing 8th notes.

Logic Pro's quantization allows you to chose swing at the 8th note level or the 16th note level. Does the BeatStep Pro have any similar settings for this? I looked in the docs and they don't mention anything aside from Project-wide swing vs. Track-level swing, and there is no mention of an 1/8 or 1/16 note setting for Swing.

PS: Another side note, I wish I could swing or edit the time division on a per-drum basis the the drum sequencer (i.e. keep the hi-hats on swing 8th notes, but allow toms to play straight 8th notes)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines