March 29, 2024, 10:45:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Crackling noise in the MatrixBrute effects section  (Read 2379 times)

HyperBrute

Crackling noise in the MatrixBrute effects section
« on: March 10, 2017, 08:34:31 am »
Hi all!

First post but unfortunately on a negative note  :(

The MatrixBrute arrived yesterday so I've only spent a few hours with it. After an hour or so when I started exploring the effects section there was some crackling noise when adjusting the Dry/Wet knob. After a while it got worse and I flipped the power on and off. It starts out OK but after a little while the the crackling comes back.

I'm not overdriving anything as far as I can tell. Also the factory patches crackles when the effects section starts misbehaving.

Another thing annoying me is a high pitched buzz getting worse the wetter I mix the effects. It's very noticeable on quiet sounds or low frequency sounds.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Andy

khidr

• Music is everything
Re: Crackling noise in the MatrixBrute effects section
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 11:43:42 am »
Hi andy,

I never heard about this before. sounds like  a malfunction. could be a bad contact problem with the dry wet knob. But that doesnot explain the high buzzing sound . Did you try doing the firmware update again?
-------------------------------------------------
www.soundcloud.com/khidr

HyperBrute

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 01:08:45 pm »
I haven't tried to upgrade the firmware yet. The latest firmware on Arturias web site is over 2 months old. I figured it might be on the unit already. Will be looking into all that firmware jazz in the weekend though.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 03:06:28 pm »
Hello Andy.

The fact that the issue starts after using the synth for some time probably means that it doesn't come from the hardware.

Can you please let us know how it went after the firmware update ?

If the issue persists, can you please create a support ticket through this form ?

https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp

Thanks in advance and have a nice week-end.

Best

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

synthlabs

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 11:02:22 pm »
I've got the same issue. Makes the effects completely unusable. I was sorely disappointed.

bobfrode

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 02:55:03 pm »
Hi, i reported this here last september:

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=91395.msg143967#msg143967

The weird thing is that i have not had this problem since (only a little a couple of times)
Im using the MB almost every day, but what i have changed is that this can happen when switching program rapidly , doing alot of stuff before the unit has been properly warmed. I try to wait a few seconds before changing program after the MB has been on for an hour. Not saying this solves anything, but something must have helped :)
https://soundcloud.com/bob-frode
gear: matrixbrute, Korg kronos, Korg R3, EnsoniqTS12, MPC Touch with a few soft synths

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines