April 24, 2024, 06:46:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Grey midi/minijack adapter availability  (Read 1819 times)

gdouglas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Grey midi/minijack adapter availability
« on: March 03, 2017, 05:12:35 am »
 Where on earth does one get additional grey midi adapters for the BSP?! They seem to be nonexistent on the website. I don't mind if a company decides to utilize unique wiring schemes, but if you do, you better damn well support it somehow. A few cursory searches on google has led me to my current best option of making my own which seems insane given the apparent demand. Are there any alternative sources that anyone can identify? It would be much appreciated, thanks.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Grey midi/minijack adapter availability
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 09:22:35 am »
Coincidentally, I was thinking last night I should grab a few replacements before I need them.  Checked the local instrument store and saw they were selling a BSP "bundle" which came with a bunch of patch cables in a nice looking Arturia bag, but no extra DIN->TRS cables.  Looked up on ebay and found a place called Seaweed Sound who are selling them, though the cost of shipping to Oz is more than the cables: $10au per cable + $19au shipping.  I'd need to grab 4 of them to make the shipping anywhere close to reasonable ($5 is still ridiculous).  But it's looking like I'll have to go with that option as nobody local seems to have them and I don't want to make my own.

UNLESS, Arturia start making a cable kit.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

gdouglas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Grey midi/minijack adapter availability
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 07:17:55 pm »
Thanks megamarkd, there were a few options on eBay. A little pricey, but I'm willing to bite the bullet.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines