March 29, 2024, 01:46:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequence not starting on time with an external clock  (Read 2674 times)

Trick Fall

• Apprentice
Sequence not starting on time with an external clock
« on: February 26, 2017, 12:34:36 am »
I have my Korg D3200 recorder as a master clock going to my Drumbrute - Novation Circuit - midi splitter - Keystep. When I press play on the recorder the drum brute and circuit are perfectly in sync, but the keystep doesn't start right away and comes in at some random time. Oddly enough if I press return to zero on the recorder which restarts the recorder immediately from the beginning of the song the keystep will start at the correct time. This is fine for playback, but not recording.

Thanks

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Sequence not starting on time with an external clock
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 01:19:42 am »
There is a bug with the Keystep continuing in sync, it seems to want to pick-up at the place in the sequence it stopped at, like it is trying to continue but messes up.  The way around this is remembering to press stop on the Keystep before you send it a play message.  This needs to be fixed with the next firmware update.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Trick Fall

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 01:50:57 am »
Thanks for the reply, I will give that a try.

stephendm

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 05:47:30 pm »
As megamarkd says, there's  definite bug on Firmware 1.0.1.15.  (http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=89617.0)

I personally find having to press stop on the KS every time kills the workflow so until it's fixed in a later firmware update, another option is to stick on Firmware 1.0.0.5 - it should correct this issue. The older firmware will have other bugs that were fixed in 1.0.1.15 but (depending on how you use the Keystep) hopefully none that will be noticeable.

Benjamin AM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 01:44:49 am »
This really needs to be fixed. It has been over 2 years since an update.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 06:39:45 am »
I've raised the issue with support on the main site.  This is a userforum and I have read elsewhere that it's best to make an official report of issues on the Arturia site for proper support attention.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

samplethesilence

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 08:58:08 pm »
Has this been fixed yet?
I'm on Keystep firmware 1.1.0.28 and am having this problem with Midi Clock sent from Reaper, through a Focusrite 18i20 Midi Out, though the problem appears to be on a Clock Start, not a Clock Continue. I would have to consult with Cockos to find out when it sends Start versus Continue, but my intention has always been to have the Keystep, Microbrute and Drumbrute Impact all start simultaneously from Midi Clocks, and they all appear to start with some random offset of incoming clocks, then this offset persists until the device's transport is stopped. I can then Start the device manually and it will be tighter in sync with the other devices only about half the time.

Edit: forgot to mention the method of delivering the Focusrite's Midi Out to the three Arturia devices is through a Kawai MAV-8 midi patchbay. I have also tried sending Midi Clocks only to the Keystep, then having the Drumbrute Impact and Microbrute receive Midi clocks from the Keystep's Midi out, and I get the same problem.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 09:03:14 pm by samplethesilence »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines