Arturia Forums

Poll

has amyone had a fail with the firmware update

yes
3 (33.3%)
no
6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Failed firmware update  (Read 3349 times)

bsherick

Failed firmware update
« on: February 25, 2017, 06:32:55 pm »
Unpacked unit - turned it on...... all lights on the unit light up (preset window - preset matrix - sequencer matrix) etc Had the audio master outputs connected - Master volume was up - NO SOUND - Connected to the Midi software from Arturia It said a firmware upgrade was available..... I followed the directions - downloaded the firmware upgrade A window came up - said to turn power of Matrixbrute off and then on I did that - waited 5 secs Then clicked OK - firmware install started - it fails..... error code 127:63........ Now "NO" preset light - NO preset matrix lights - NO mixer lights - NOTHING - there is sound but no way to see what you are controlling.....
I believe the place I bought it from shipped me an open box unit - I payed full price......

Thierry -Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
Re: Failed firmware update
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 11:54:01 am »
Hi bsherick,
Did you contact our customer support ?
Best,

Thierry

Bitflipper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Tweak it till it Hertz
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 06:05:47 pm »
Hi,
Yesterday received my MatrixBrute, first time the Firmware upgrade stopped at 91% - MIDI Control Center was blocked.
After restarting MCC (latest Mac version) and MatrixBrute 2 times, I still could not see the Firmware release but could initiate Upgrade again. Now it worked.
It seems sometimes you have to retry the upgrade, I got the same experience before with my BeatStep Pro.
(Problem seems to occur in MCC, not in instruments).
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 12:05:24 pm by Bitflipper »

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 04:22:09 pm »
Hi,
Yesterday received my MatrixBrute, first time the Firmware upgrade stopped at 91% - MIDI Control Center was blocked.
After restarting MCC (latest Mac version) and MatrixBrute 2 times, I still could not see the Firmware release but could initiate Upgrade again. Now it worked.
It seems sometimes you have to retry the upgrade, I got the same experience before with my BeatStep Pro.
(Problem seems to occur in MCC, not in instruments).

Hi !

Have you tried the operation described on the last tab of this FAQ article in order to get your synth out of the DFU mode ?

=> https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/matrixbrute-general-questions
Keep me informed if it fixes your issue.

Best Regards.

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

Bitflipper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Tweak it till it Hertz
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 04:35:52 pm »
Hi Edouard,
Mine issue is already fixed :); upgrade was succesfull. I had to restart MCC which was blocked. After that it worked.
Thanks.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines