April 20, 2024, 06:47:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Issues I found on my MB  (Read 2487 times)

phonkee

Issues I found on my MB
« on: February 17, 2017, 10:07:53 pm »
Hi all,

I own MB for about 3 weeks and I really like it. I found couple of issues (or annoyances) that I don't like (I hope it's not just my unit).
I am using firmware: MatrixBrute_Firmware_Update_1_0_1_108.mbf

1. Saving presets + selecting preset: Imagine this scenario. You have selected A1 preset and you create new sound. Then you want to save this to preset A2. So you press save + A2. Preset is saved and selected. Then if you press MOD button (or SEQ) and then back to presets, I have selected A1 again.

2. USB midi:
I am using ableton live and I have two MIDI devices. One is Matrixbrute (MIDI), and second one is Matrixbrute (unknown). The one that is working is the "unknown" version. It's really weird.

3. When I turn off all oscillators (cutoff is set to 0 - middle), I can still hear sound of oscillators. It's low but it's still there.

4. If I change Monophonic mode to Paraphonic and I play just single note, it drastically changes sound. It loses crispyness of the sound.

5. From time to time (I cannot simulate it, it just happens), all the rotary knobs (OSC, FILTER) stop responding, and do nothing. I need to restart MB manually.

6. Setup MIDI in ableton is really pain. I can either play on my master keyboard and record midi to ableton, or use MB keyboard to record midi, but not both. I cannot get to work syncing tempo with ableton.

7. In this video https://youtu.be/7Mn1yI4kmi8?t=300 the guy sets arp+seq for enabling "the matrix arpeggiator".
This isn't working on my unit. I cannot select both of them.

Am i the only one that is experiencing these issues?

Cheers
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 10:18:25 pm by phonkee »

artElect

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Issues I found on my MB
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 08:34:47 pm »
Hi there. I can confirm most of your problems....

ad 1: confirmed, looks like a bug to me...
ad 2: same here in Ableton, but in other Sequencers like Cubase or Studio One it shows "Matrixbrute (Midi)" and "Matrixbrute" -> this port works.
ad 3: same here, but I have that on a lot of synths...I think this is normal
ad 4: Also the same on my MB
ad 5: This does not occur on my MB
ad 6: I cannot confirm this. Sync and MB and other Keyboards on the same Midi-Channel work. But the Arp and the Sequencer have some strange behavior (cannot be transposed, the tied steps play normal...)
ad 7: Confirmed, does also not work on my MB.

Cheers

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 10:51:11 am »
Hi Phonkee,

1. This is a display bug. We will try to fix that in the next update.
2. We can't change the name displayed here. This port is the one you must use to send midi to the MxB. This is normal.
3. There's some leakage in the filters. This is by design.
4. When switching mode mixing levels are adjusted automatically in order to avoid clipping. This is by design.
5. ?? This is quite weird behavior. I've never experienced such problem here. Are you sure you don't have a Midi loop with your DAW ?
6. I don't understand what is exactly your problem here. If you set the MxB as a midi Input and Output you'll have problem. This will make a Midi Loop and strange stuff will happen. If you want to send Live clock to the MatrixBrute you must :
- In Live Preferences/Midi select the MatrixBrute output on Sync
- In the MidiControlCenter go to device menu and set Midi clock source on USB.
7. The matrix arpeggiator is not available in the current firmware version. It should be available in the next update.

Best
.......testing.......

phonkee

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 09:33:30 pm »
Hi Ben,

Thank you for your response, I'll try to re-setup ableton with my MB later today.

Cheers

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines