March 28, 2024, 05:29:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Back Panel Power Connector Dislodged  (Read 1636 times)

SteveA

Back Panel Power Connector Dislodged
« on: February 15, 2017, 09:11:23 pm »
Well, I did something pretty stupid.  I had my 2 month old Minibrute sitting on top of a powered monitor with a sloped top.  The vibrations from the monitor caused the little beast to slide back and fall off.  The DC input took the brunt of  the impact, breaking the plug.  I pulled the remaining shank out and purchased a replacement power supply.  However, the unit would not power up.  Closer inspection revealed the socket on the back panel was now pointing slightly upwards.  My guess is one or both of the pads pulled up off the board so power is not getting to the unit.

How hard would this be for me to fix?  I'm an experienced kit builder and solderer.  Is a replacement socket available?

Thanks!

BodoBrute

Re: Back Panel Power Connector Dislodged
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 12:13:38 pm »
My guess is one or both of the pads pulled up off the board so power is not getting to the unit.

How hard would this be for me to fix?

If that is actually the case, that'd be fairly easy to fix - resolder broken connections (if need be, use some wire), attach the socket if it's not bent itself, or replace it if it is.

However, it's of course hard or even impossible to tell without having seen and, if applicable, measured anything on the inside.

So I suggest opening the synth*, thoroughly inspect what happened to the unit, and take a couple of pics before proceeding any further.

* while using suitable ESD protection, of course

Just my 2 ct :).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines