April 16, 2024, 06:47:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BS Pro and Nord Lead 2x  (Read 2046 times)

sdv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
BS Pro and Nord Lead 2x
« on: February 14, 2017, 10:57:08 pm »
I'm looking to buy a Nord Lead 2x, wich is 4 part multi-timbral, and am wondering if I can use a BS Pro to drive the synth. What I'd like to do is play one part on the keyboard and then use the two sequencers and drum track of the BSP to drive the other three parts. Would BSP work in that way -- to send each of it's components on three different MIDI channels to a multi-timbral synth? Also, can Program Change messages be sent via each sequencer as well?

Thanks for your thoughts!

lukenova

Re: BS Pro and Nord Lead 2x
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 05:16:44 pm »
Hey sdv,

Yes, it is possible. You just need to set your nord 2x.

From Nord 2x manual:

SLOT MIDI CHANNEL
To set the MIDI Channel that a certain Slot receives and transmits on, proceed as follows:
1. Hold down SHIFT and press “MIDI CH”.
2. The DISPLAY shows the MIDI Channel for the active Slot.
3. Select the Slot you want to make settings for. The Slot’s LED flashes.
4. Use the UP/DOWN buttons to set the MIDI Channel. If you don’t want the slot to respond to or
send MIDI, set it to ‘oFF’.

Set also your arturia via "Midi Control Center". For example you will send on to "Sequencer 1" from arturia on channel 1 and you will set "Slot A" on nord 2x to receive midi on channel 1. Do this also for "Sequencer 2" - just set for example channel 2.

Hope this is clear

sdv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: BS Pro and Nord Lead 2x
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 09:10:25 pm »
Thanks for the tip!

It seemed like I'd be able to connect the two sequencers but wasn't sure about using the drum sequencer to trigger the percussion sounds of the Nord. I did just see a video on the Arturia site where they trigger two channels on a Virus module and trigger a VST drum machine. So, it's looking like the BSP should do everything I hope for.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines