April 26, 2024, 02:00:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keystep sending note message via stop button.  (Read 1879 times)

Old_School

Keystep sending note message via stop button.
« on: February 13, 2017, 09:18:35 pm »
Noticed this while connected to an iPad synth. Playing an arp pattern when I hit the stop button on the Keystep it sends a note on message at the same time as the stop transport message. Further tests, just hitting the stop button when arp is not running creates a chord (3 note) note on message.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Keystep sending note message via stop button.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 09:24:01 am »
Does it do it with any other device or only with the iPad?
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Old_School

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 06:55:06 pm »
Seems the issue was the MIDI CCs I had set up with Model 15 app. That whatever the CC for the stop and play buttons somehow translated to MIDI note on. Will keep testing.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 09:28:54 am »
Strange... My MIDI controllers all can send MIDI notes via knobs if I so desire, but for a device to play notes when receiving CC's is a new one for me.
The Keystep (and the BSP) send 50, 51 and 54 by default from start, stop and record respectively, IIRC.  I've changed them all to transmit CC124 as I have no need for omni mode, so transmitting an "omni mode off" message interferes with my devices none.  CC50 being sent every time I pressed play was causing three of my Waldorf synths to jump to the max level for their filter cut-offs.  Very disruptive it was.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines