March 28, 2024, 04:03:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Drumbrute MIDI Sync issues as Slave  (Read 9061 times)

meekalnut

[SOLVED] Drumbrute MIDI Sync issues as Slave
« on: February 07, 2017, 07:47:58 pm »
Hello! I'm trying to have DrumBrute connected to Ableton Live as Slave but in some tempos it seems to be unstable. For example when running on 140BPM, on the DB screen it goes from 140 to 139. I thought the problem could be from Ableton so I tried using Kaossilator Pro as Master and also seems to happen some times. Can anybody help on this? Thanks
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:52:34 am by I grec »

LunasAura

Re: Drumbrute MIDI Sync issues as Slave
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 10:36:42 am »
I'd like to add to this as it's a similar, if not the same issue.

Using Ableton 9 (latest version), I want to send MIDI clock via USB to keep to the Drumbrute in sync.

I managed to get this working with the Minilogue, and it's working out great.
(MIDI settings on Ableton's preferences setup correctly. External Instrument channel set correctly, matching MIDI channel's from the Minilogue's internal menu and Ableton. It now sends and receives MIDI data via USB and keeps in time perfectly.)

I tried the same process as you would with the Drumbrute. The Drumbrute is set to MIDI Channel 10 by default, matching that as an External Instrument in Ableton etc.

Issues I'm having is just like 'Meekalnut' has mentioned. Erratic behaviour of the Drumbrute's clock, wavering, skipping of notes, lagging etc. it's simply not smooth and syncing correctly. It's a shame as I'm doing a live performance next weekend and really wanted to jam with the Brute onstage along with the Minilogue together, and simply can't as where it stands at the moment, is too unreliable and I will have to bring out the Maschine to provide drums etc.

The Drumbrute is running the latest firmware Ver. 1.1.0.0 (thanks to the forum, I got the MCC working having the same issues as others but managed to get the firmware updated)

I will be doing further testing to the Brute, full resets etc. whatever it takes to hopefully get it working. I find MIDI's been very buggy too, hence why I wanted to try it out via USB.

Any resolves, solutions or further information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Luna.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 10:50:50 pm »
Hi ,The bpm on the db will move about due to the way midi clock works . your sync should be fine . can you hear the sync going out .
on a good note a new FW will be hear very soon ,we are just fixing one more thing before release.

I have tested Ableton in sync and do not have a problem of drift or any problems.

If you require help setting up let me know  by posting how you have aDB set in Ableton pref.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Hironimus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 12:47:49 pm »
Hi. I had a similar issue (timing being buggy) when it was plugged in to a USB hub (USB 2) but when it was plugged straight into the Mac Book Pro it was fine.

Are there any known issues around USB hubs?  I am planning.to upgrade my USB hub but it would be good to know.

Macbook Pro 15 with Sierra
Ableton live 9.7.2
Drumbrute with firmware 1.2.1

Hironimus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 10:42:10 pm »
I've retried it with a new USB 3 hub and seems to be working fine. I'll report back if the issues recur.

Hironimus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 12:00:23 am »
Also a powered hub would be better as well.

hedgemunkees

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: [SOLVED] Drumbrute MIDI Sync issues as Slave
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 10:50:57 am »
I am also having big problems with lag.....i have the new firmware but its still not syncing....any new ideas?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines