April 25, 2024, 09:59:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Step Record Bug?  (Read 1525 times)

slasi

Step Record Bug?
« on: January 25, 2017, 05:22:54 am »
I'm trying to step record a simple rhythmic pattern, but Keystep ties together more notes than I input. Here is what I'm doing.

1. Choose a sequence slot. Number 1.
2. Make sure sequence is not playing by hitting stop button.
3. Hit the record button.
4. Hit the C key then release
5. Hit the C key again then release
6. Hit the C key again keep held down
7. Hit the tie button then release
8. Release the C key
9. Hit stop

I then hit play and I only hear two notes instead of 3. It sounds like it's tying the last note and the first note together. Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong because this seems like a really simple use case.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Step Record Bug?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 10:05:20 am »
Yeah, I've noticed that too.  I went through the manual to see if I missed something, but don't remember what it said now.
After trial and error I worked out to tie notes you need to press the tie button for the number of steps you want to tie, eg: you want to tie two steps, you play and hold the notes then press the tie/rest button twice, to tie four steps you have to press it four times, etc...
This is odd, it's like we need to tell the Keystep each step that is being tied, not between which step to tie.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines