April 19, 2024, 09:19:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI Map Beatstep Pro pads for Roland TR-09 w/o MIDI Control Center possible?  (Read 2717 times)

zug

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I have a Beatstep Pro and a Roland TR-09. I've set both to the same midi channel (9) but the Beatstep Pro's pads are only sounding some of the drum sounds but not all 11 of them. For example, I'm getting the low tom duplicated on 3 different pads, cymbals on 2 to 3 pads, a mid tom, hi tom twice, cymbal twice...etc...instead, I should be getting all 11 sounds (from Bass Drum all the way to the last drum sound, the Ride). All eleven pads are sounding just not playing the entire range of drum sounds.

I make matters worse, at home I only run Linux so I can't use the MIDI Control Center (wine/etc...didn't work). Is there anyway to do this without the MIDI control center or do I need to simply go find someone with a Window or Mac computer in order to do this?

sealion

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
can't be done without the midi software.  The notes for the drum pads are set in device settings (not controller map).  If the -09 notes start at 36, select chromatic over custom.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines