March 29, 2024, 09:44:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Issues with PLAY/STOP buttons, and with switch bounce  (Read 1382 times)

feijai

Issues with PLAY/STOP buttons, and with switch bounce
« on: January 11, 2017, 11:45:37 pm »
I've found some problems with the PLAY/STOP buttons on my BeatStep.  I'm using 1.2.0.3.

1. They don't seem to map at all.  If I map PLAY for example to anything (say, playing a note), then either upload to working memory, or upload to some memory slot and then load that manually, then go to CNTRL mode, then press PLAY, my map has no effect.  Instead, it starts playing the sequencer.  Same result for the STOP button (stops the sequencer, rather than doing what I asked).  I see nothing in the manual which indicates a special way to trigger my mappings.

2. The 1.2.0.3 firmware release notes indicate that RECALL+STOP and RECALL+PLAY will data-reset to default (differing by "pad calibration").  But in fact they do nothing at all.

3. Speaking of pad calibration, I also have noted that the Beatstep's pads strongly tend to switch-bounce: if I hit a pad and don't immediately bounce off, about 1 in four times it'll register two hits.  Indeed, if I lightly press a pad and wiggle my finger it'll register multiple hits.  I would imagine that the so-called "pad calibration" might deal with this, but calibration is not mentioned anywhere in the manual, nor in the MIDI Control Center, nor in these forums so far as I can tell.  Can anyone clue me into what this is and/or have an idea for dealing with pad switch-bounce?  I'm using linear pad velocity: is this a bad idea?  Should I be switching to Logarithmic?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:48:28 pm by feijai »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines