April 25, 2024, 12:04:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keep sending MIDI clock when not playing?  (Read 2826 times)

Jos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Keep sending MIDI clock when not playing?
« on: January 05, 2017, 10:29:10 pm »
Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to make the Keystep keep sending MIDI clock even when the sequencer or arpeggiator isn't running? There seems to be no option for this in the control center.

I'd like to be able to use it as a master clock for synths that don't have a sync in jack, but that's not really possible if they go out of sync every time I stop the arpeggiator/sequencer.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:36:51 pm by Jos »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Keep sending MIDI clock when not playing?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 10:45:34 am »
It will only send continuous MTC data if it's coming from an external source and you are in MIDI THRU mode.  Otherwise it stops MTC transmission when the sequencer is stopped or paused.
The Beatstep doesn't send active sensing either.  Sequencers should really transmit active sensing data....oh well, how I get around this is by using another sequencer that does transmit the required data to clock the Keystep and Beatstep Pro (though I need to use a splitter in the form of a Novation Remote25 to get the signal to both my Arturia sequencers due to the BSP not performing THRU duties in full).
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Jos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 01:44:06 am »
Thanks, that does work indeed. Guess I'll have to use something else as the master clock then.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 12:25:25 am »
Ah, you really want something with a display as a master clock anyway, so you don't have to guess at what tempo you are setting.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines