March 28, 2024, 04:43:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Microbrute connection to DAW  (Read 7060 times)

blrobi1

Microbrute connection to DAW
« on: January 05, 2017, 08:17:40 am »
Hello all! I'm totally new to the analog synth world, or even the music creation world for that matter. But here's my dilema:

I want to be able to connect my microbrute to a DAW so I can connect multiple tracks together. But being 100% a noob, I'm confused on a few things. First, I realize that I'll probably need to use a audio interface. I only need one for the microbrute; I don't plan on connecting any other devices through it. Would this one be good? https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCA202-Audio-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459292053&sr=8-1&keywords=behringer+audio+interface

And then if I was to get that interface, I was confused about what connection type/cable to use. Would I use the pitch and gate out, the line out, or the USB port?

And is there a better way to connect to a DAW that I'm totally clueless about?

one more thing- I'm not looking to spend more than $50, $100 at the most.

Thank you all! ;D ;D I love playing with the Microbrute, I just want to take it to the next level and be able to compile tracks.

dog01

Re: Microbrute connection to DAW
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 05:21:45 am »
Hi blrobi1 so for a audio interface i would get this one (https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-U-PHORIA-UM2-BEHRINGER/dp/B00EK1OTZC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1483675215&sr=8-2&keywords=usb+audio+interface) if you don't want spend to much money as it has mic and 1/4 inch inputs the other one is fine but only has rca so you needed to buy adapters also this one is newer so drivers should be easier and it should be more compatible with new os etc 

you need to connect the line output using 1/4 mono jack audio cable( 1/4 mono ts cable easy to find here one for reference https://www.storedj.com.au/products/DAP-FL0510)  from your microbrute into line input of the audio interface you might also want to connect usb from microbrute to computer so you can send and receive midi for timing

by the way what DAW and OS are you using ?

regards dog01

blrobi1

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 07:28:05 am »
Wow! Thanks! That's exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. As far as programs go, I am using a macintosh, OSX Yosemite at the moment. For now I plan on using Garageband, but if that doesn't work out too well I will download Audacity. I hope to get a PC later this year and may choose to upgrade my DAW to fruity loops or another (maybe you know of a better one). Like I've mentioned before, I'm totally new to the music creation scene. I would do a lot of research if I chose to purchase a DAW.

Update (1 month later): dog01's suggestion worked great for me! I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want a super complex setup, but just to use the microbrute in a DAW with the software instruments. I use the microbrute to record analog sounds and also use it as a MIDI controller to control software instruments and it works great for both. Thanks dog01!

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 06:11:16 am by blrobi1 »

mcviga

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 01:01:24 pm »
as i understand, to connect MB to pc (for example fl studio), i have to connect midi MB-audio interface, and any audio input? for example xlr - rca
1) audio
2) midi
3) additioanl - usb

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines