April 19, 2024, 02:26:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Where is the forthcoming BST Pro update communicated? I.e. what's in and when?  (Read 11354 times)

juliangosper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Can't seem to find any update news for 2017 - hoping Arturia will push more frequent updates as there's lot's more runway on this product IMHO.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Hi, The next update is in development at the moment, so Arturia tell me.  At a guess it may come before the end of the month but thats a guess.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

juliangosper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Would be nice to see a ranked list of planned features for the next BST Pro update...
Keep us user's excited and engaged!
Maybe this info is posted somewhere?

atte

• a773.dk
This is really great news, expected the BSP to be abandoned. Is this confirmed/for sure happening? Any idea what expect?

teknoid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
i believe it when I see it.
for now I am sorry but I don't believe it at all.
Nowhere is this officially confirmed.
It is in the concern of arturria to make people believe a update will come.
Same situation was with micobrute, and the waiting was in vain. Even officialy suggested updates never came. They have lost my trust now after repeatitly buying two dissapointing products, that are good in concept, but badly and unfunished released, and than left as is.
Novation Circuit is a product that Arturia (customors) should learn from; updates with loads of extra functionality, even years after release.

In mean time i am doubting to sell my bsp with (again) great fincancial loss, or wait for a very, very insecure new update.
Shame for a product with so much potential.
Now I will buy a Matrixbrute. Not.

FastGraph

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
i believe it when I see it.
for now I am sorry but I don't believe it at all.
Nowhere is this officially confirmed.
It is in the concern of arturria to make people believe a update will come.
Same situation was with micobrute, and the waiting was in vain. Even officialy suggested updates never came. They have lost my trust now after repeatitly buying two dissapointing products, that are good in concept, but badly and unfunished released, and than left as is.
Novation Circuit is a product that Arturia (customors) should learn from; updates with loads of extra functionality, even years after release.

In mean time i am doubting to sell my bsp with (again) great fincancial loss, or wait for a very, very insecure new update.
Shame for a product with so much potential.
Now I will buy a Matrixbrute. Not.

The Circuit has had "years" of support, it's barely 15mths in the marketplace.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

teknoid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
expected the BSP to be abandoned. Is this confirmed/for sure happening? Any idea what expect?

I say it Is abandoned, don't be fooled by very insecure update 'information', it is really a trap trying push sales.

to Megamark D: You are right it is only about 1,5 year the Novation Circuit is out. Expecting the fifth huge update now. Mind you these are 'Updates', greatly expanding functionality and adding feature requests, not half-ass bug fixes for really crippled unusable products.  If Arturia only put in a fraction of the effort that Novation does, we could have been satisfied with their products.
Selling my Beatstep Pro again, just as i had to do with the Microbrute (suggested updates never came). I don't believe anything of this update rumors anymore, I have learned my lesson and i will have to take one more (last) time financial loss. Goodbye Arturia.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 10:35:39 pm by teknoid »

FastGraph

I'm giving it another month. If the BSP doesn't get an update by then I'll sell it just like I did with the original beatstep. Never to return to using arturia products again.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Please show examples of a musical instrument company who has a calendar they hand their customers and say "here, this is the firmware update schedule, also, here is a list of all the bugs that will arise from each firmware update, which we know all about now before the firmware update has been written"  Nobody knew when Novation were releasing their first firmware update, and using the Circuit as a comparison is abit uneven since the Circuit is a synth 3 part digital synth also.  It's going to have a far more powerful processing chip/chips in it.
But let us just focus on Novation for a second longer.  Can you please find for me a fully tested release of their Remote (xx) SLmkII editing software?  No, not the beta, a finished product.  How old is the Remote SLmkII series of controllers now?  What about the fact that their touch sensitive knobs were that flaky everyone turns them off to avoid random data being transmitted?  I have two of those controllers that I couldn't do without, even though I've had to turn off the touch sense and program them from the front panel or use a programmer coded for the earlier Remote series and missing the SLmkII advances.

There has been 5 firmware updates since the BSP was released in July 2015.  Last word on firmware here was it's coming really soon.  Sebastian says in the next month in the NAMM demo video for SonicState.  But if you want to continue to act like a splinter cell in a broken political state demanding you have your satisfaction be exacted, go for it.

I'm still waiting for the firmware for my Microwave XTk Waldorf promised was next on the list in 2002 ("once we iron out the issues with the Q").  I fucking love that company, I want a to pay for a teeshirt to wander around advertising for them.  My Blofeld needs LFO sync fixed, but I want a second.  If the things were broken to the point that they were unusable to me, I'd sell them, buy something else, join that forum and talk about the good times there.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

teknoid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
sold it yesterday.
Really would have liked to know if another update was coming. But how could I know. I have looked here but found nothing officially.  so i just had to go on my own experience. communication would have helped. What else is this forum for?
Lots of potential the BSP.
i gave up the hope.
The bitter tone is because buying bad products twice is bitter.
Wish everybody the best experience with the BSP.
I am off buying me a second Circuit

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 12:08:24 am by teknoid »

FastGraph

Sold mine too. So long Arturia, hope you step up support a notch or two! If not, please go out of business soon so others won't be scammed...

funktree

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I’m new here.
....and still, in the trial time period... I have a few more weeks to return the BSP.
When I found out the buggy Midi controller mode, with no future for polyphonic melody sequencers,  I ordered the squarp sequencer. I know it is double of the price but a lot more features.   

The biggest issue is that in order to send something to "this thing" you need to wait 15 second for the whole memory to get to BST via individual sysex messages. WTF I need to send the whole memory from MCC to BSP if I ONLY changed ONE Knob/Button in the control mode ? If I was not in 21st century and still working with my Peavey PC1600 (some of you might remember one of the first MIDI Controllers)  I would be OK to wait 20 seconds to get one button sent proper CC.

I’m really un-satisified with the buggy Controller mode. I tried to set a few controls to control the boutiques via CC, some would work some would not. I got dump of the current memory via the MCC and it was clear that SOME controllers wouldn’t have the parameters set to those I sent with previous Current memory upload.  I red a few messages that suggest to set all the controls midi channel to the user mode to get better results. ... Tried and did not work for me. (BTW I have app called MIDI Controller pro) which works beautifully with boutiques. 

If you have any suggestions, please ... I’ve tried to look throughout this forum to get the Controller mode working for me but no success.

Thanks
Funktree

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
When I found out the buggy Midi controller mode, with no future for polyphonic melody sequencers,  I ordered the squarp sequencer. I know it is double of the price but a lot more features.

Never was the BSP sold on the strength of it being or soon becoming a polyphonic step-sequencer.  Where did you get that idea from?

I'm going to pick-up a Pyramid today, not to replace my BSP, but to work along side it.  The Pyramid has a criminally short pattern length for a device made in the 21st century, but I'm not going to go onto their forum and harass them to make it longer.  I am aware of this limitation and am going to run with that, not throw a tantrum that what I wish the device to do be implemented immediately, as if I am Klaus Schulze and was a co-designer on a $1500 sequencer (anyone who knows what I am referencing will also know that it too is only a 16step pattern sequencer, that boasts it is far more advanced than analogue steppers because of this, as they are usually 8steps max).

The Pyramid will be my 5th step-sequencer and 7th sequencer, currently.  I don't consider any one of the step-sequencers to be a final solution to my ordered-command list transmitter requirements.  Each one has it's strengths and weaknesses.  This make each feel like it has it's own personality almost.  Like playing in a band.  I don't get along with some of them, but they serve a purpose and will remain in place until they stop showing up to rehearsal.

atte

• a773.dk
Hi, The next update is in development at the moment, so Arturia tell me.  At a guess it may come before the end of the month but thats a guess.

Which month are we talking about? Ok to be fair you just guessed, but I'd (positively) surprised if there is ever gonna be an update.

How did you get that information from Arturia, and what's your connection with them?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines