March 29, 2024, 01:33:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Clicking dud! sound on keypress, or sequence, with basic patch  (Read 2095 times)

Stephan_M

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Clicking dud! sound on keypress, or sequence, with basic patch
« on: January 03, 2017, 08:37:35 am »
Hi,

I have a clicking 'DUD!' sound on every keypress, or any sequence note trigger. Even in basic patch. It doesn't matter if i have all VCOs or the sub turned all down, it doesn't matter if i have any or all envellope settings, it doesnt matter if gated or not, if filtered or not, or if the LFO is turned all down or up... 
It's always clicking in every configuration. The click does seem to get modified a bit by the filter or phase or mettalizer and i can change loudness with master volume.

If i do loud rythmic work, the click doesn't affect me so much, but i am all for the quiet, faint, slow attack work and the click-click-clicking of the sequence triggers makes me unhappy.

Is this normal behavior?

I have the microbrute for two days. On the first day i didn't notice it, on the second day i used headphones... and now i am worried if i have to return the unit.

Thanks for any comment,
Stephan
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 08:51:21 am by Stephan_M »

Stephan_M

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Clicking dud! sound on keypress, or sequence, with basic patch
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 11:53:34 pm »
I feel stupid for asking the ultimate noobs question. The answer to my problem was already posted by the moderator and applies:
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=14506.msg39742#msg39742

I did not know that gate works just like a fast envelop. I thought that, when I don't create an oscillator signal then there could be nothing to hear ... but "it's analog!" is what the vendor concluded with a sparkle in his eyes. :)

Case closed.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines