April 26, 2024, 03:24:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Have I bricked my BSP?  (Read 1474 times)

billak

Have I bricked my BSP?
« on: January 03, 2017, 05:21:38 am »
Hi,

I think I may have destroyed my BSP somehow. It is no longer recognised by any PC on any USB port. I've done a hard factory reset so now I'm stuck with the original firmware, it won't even update in the MCC, cannot be recognised at all.

My thoughts are that I may have ruined it by plugging a usb cable connected to a wall wart into the "pc" side of the ground loop protector and the PC USB into the power side of the ground loop protector. Is it possible for this to ruin the BSP?

This is the only thing I can think of, have tried to update the firmware on several different PCs now with no luck. It won't enter update mode or be recognised by any of them, very frustrating.

JavaLaurence

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Software Pearls - Java Consultancy
Re: Have I bricked my BSP?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 11:33:28 am »
Hey.. not an expert, and only recently became owner of BSP.. and I'm also using the ground loop protector. I had a lot of hum without it, so when I first needed to plug it in, I noticed the asymmetric nature of the Y.. if that connector allows human error to fry the BSP, that would be a very serious design flaw. I hope your problem is something else altogether.
Be Happy. Live for Today

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines