April 26, 2024, 12:50:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Play modes from original BS  (Read 1530 times)

FastGraph

Play modes from original BS
« on: January 02, 2017, 07:01:18 pm »
I'd like to have all play modes from the original BS. Especially random and a proper forward-reversed mode where the first notes don't get hit twice would be really nice.

gajimicu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Play modes from original BS
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 02:42:49 am »
Completely agree with that!

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 05:59:30 am »
I'd like to have all play modes from the original BS. Especially random and a proper forward-reversed mode where the first notes don't get hit twice would be really nice.

There is no "proper" ping-pong mode, but two types.  First and last note repeat ensures the pattern length is doubled so to not ruin a pattern that is sitting in a structured song, whereas only hitting the first and last notes once means the pattern doesn't quite make double length reaching the beginning of the pattern a step short of double length.  I have a few steppers and the ones with ping-pong tend to have either or, with the Keystep being one of the few with both (and only on the arpeggiator).
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

tajnost

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 12:14:09 pm »
Hopefully in the next update...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines