March 29, 2024, 08:06:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MatrixBrute Manual  (Read 3224 times)

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
MatrixBrute Manual
« on: December 30, 2016, 02:00:19 pm »
I can't get my head around voice mode settings , pages 23 and 24.

On another matter.  I have an idea to  display an  indication of the relative knob position of a knob  when a pre-set is called  up. This would allow any  knob to be  turned quickly to the catch position of the pre-set. If done for each knob the panel would give a  picture of the settings for that pre-set.

This may be useful in sound design planning and progress.

Does anyone consider this would be useful to describe more fully or should I just bin this idea?

PXPT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • MatrixBrute twiddler
Re: MatrixBrute Manual
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 11:34:39 am »
I can't get my head around voice mode settings , pages 23 and 24.

The Voice Mode part seems to be fairly straight forward. Not sure which bit you have difficulty with.

However, it *does* look like they've missed out a diagram - 4.6.1 Monophonic says that the voice path is laid out as you see is in the graphics below... except that there is no graphics to refer to. The only diagram is the one for the Duo Split mode path. We'll probably see a diagram inserted in the manual at some stage in the near future...

On another matter.  I have an idea to  display an  indication of the relative knob position of a knob  when a pre-set is called  up. This would allow any  knob to be  turned quickly to the catch position of the pre-set. If done for each knob the panel would give a  picture of the settings for that pre-set.

Does anyone consider this would be useful to describe more fully or should I just bin this idea?

Why not mention it in the new Feature Requests child board...  ;)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 03:41:12 pm »
...On another matter.  I have an idea to  display an  indication of the relative knob position of a knob  when a pre-set is called  up. This would allow any  knob to be  turned quickly to the catch position of the pre-set. If done for each knob the panel would give a  picture of the settings for that pre-set.

I'd also like to see this. It would be very useful indeed. Find one or more LEDs that can be used to indicate a panel/preset match, or something like that. As PXPT says, why not submit the feature request.

Edit: A also have a question regarding the Duo Split mode: The diagram on page 24 suggests a certain sound source to filter assignment, however it has the text "DEFAULT IN DUO SPLIT". I hope the latter means that the sound source/filter assignment/routing can still be freely edited.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 03:49:41 pm by DrJustice »

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 05:20:16 pm »
Thanks for the positive response, I will elaborate my idea when I have a little more time but for a simple explanation see below.

my idea would require NO hardware reforms, only a tiny software subroutine.

Basically , make a mode available which when you  wiggle a knob, you can   look at the display which  will display a fraction.

The numerator would be the relative position of the knob for that patch  and the denominator would be the value of the maximum throw  for that knob eg.  5/10 would indicate that this knob in this patch would be half way round, wiggle another knob and it might display 8/10 which would indicate that for this patch this knob should be 80% of the way round for that patch.

In this manner you could go round setting   all the knobs,  using the display to inform you of the patch knob position.   

An even simpler setting system could be to have a mode where the display would go from white to black when a knob was moved to the position it should be in for that patch.

In this manner you would not need to scrutinise any actual numbers , just a colour change of the e-paper display when the position had been matched.

What do you think?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 06:28:16 pm »
AFAIK, the e-ink display is slow to update and thus not suitable for rapidly changing parameters.

I'd go with the Preset number LEDs. They could display a +/- relative value, just like they do for the filter master cutoff knob. So when you hit the preset's value it shows "0". That would then be consistent with the master filter and mod amount knobs' use of that display.

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 06:37:31 pm »
Accepted, e-ink is slow , I forgot about the 7 segment display.

How about using the Matrix LEDs? Large numbers

or + & -

or <  & >

or  "up a bit " and " down a bit ,   my favourite

It would make the changes spectacular 

lensflare

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • https://soundcloud.com/lensflare-564296261
    • Lensflare Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 06:38:14 pm »
The numerator would be the relative position of the knob for that patch  and the denominator would be the value of the maximum throw  for that knob eg.  5/10 would indicate that this knob in this patch would be half way round, wiggle another knob and it might display 8/10 which would indicate that for this patch this knob should be 80% of the way round for that patch.

YES! I completely agree! something like VIRUS TI is.. a simple method to allow you viewing the original value stored in the preset, while modulating...
www.lensflare.it
 "Our Planet - Gaia, Mother Earth - is a Living being and all life forms are her offspring"

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines