April 19, 2024, 10:53:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi controller with plenty of room for midi learn?  (Read 1585 times)

Amalgamoth

Midi controller with plenty of room for midi learn?
« on: December 28, 2016, 11:37:29 am »
Suppose you're looking for a midi controller which is able to assign as many functions as needed on an ARP 2600 V or even a Modular V (Oooh, that's a lot, I know). I have a simple KeyLab25, and the number of knobs for Midi Learn is limited (just 2x10 rotary knobs and 2x9 sliders). I read somewhere that several years ago there was the Doepfer Drehbank, which had 64 rotary knobs (a lot better, but still limited). It's not available any more. Perhaps it was replaced for something better, something more elaborate, no idea.
What are you guys out there using for plenty of room for midi learn? Anything to recommend?
I'm working in LogicPro X on a Mac, btw.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Midi controller with plenty of room for midi learn?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 05:15:31 am »
The Drehbank cost an arm and a leg too....

I'd love to if Arturia made a super knobbox with a keyboard, that was capable of 14bit NRPN messages we can afford.  A way of it 'learning' from hardware devices would be great also.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines