April 26, 2024, 08:59:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Gush/Instrument Time Shift?  (Read 1807 times)

wjprinzi

Gush/Instrument Time Shift?
« on: December 28, 2016, 02:31:12 am »
After 48 hours of getting to know the DB I have really found my sonic and creative groove with this thing. The sounds, while maybe unorthodox, are truly superb in quality and vibe, lending themselves very well to thumpy, rich grooves.  The workflow is a real standout feature of this machine, quick and accessible yet flexible, with many ways to add in and edit human/non-quantized feel, which brings me to to my only gripe:

I wish there was a way to time shift a whole instrument sequence forward and back, you can do individual steps by holding the step button and rotating the swing knob, it seems like you should be able to hold the instrument pad and rotate the swing knob to affect the whole instrument sequence, but as of now that does nothing. Would love to see it in an update, being able to quickly push the whole snare track forward on the beat or move the claps back would open up this machine nicely.  Unless I am just an idiot and somehow missing it?

Thanks Arturia for a beautiful modern drum machine! And for the whole brute line for that matter.

P.S. build quality is superb, really feel connected to the drums while i'm whacking pads and twiddlin' knobs  ;D

Darkatek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Gush/Instrument Time Shift?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 07:15:18 pm »
That was also the first thing i really missed that i thought it could do and would be very helpful.

CHFMN

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 07:55:42 pm »
Swing can be applied to a single instrument or the entire pattern. If you want to apply swing to only a single instrument, just press that sound's pad and make sure the CURRENT TRACK button is lit to apply swing only to the current track. I know swing and "time shift" aren't exactly the same, but it sounded like you're trying to apply swing to a single track.

Darkatek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 03:08:05 am »
What we´re talking about is being able to shift the notes on the sequencer back and forth by one step at a time.

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 11:04:33 am »
Hi all,
In the last firmware version, you can time shift every step of a single instrument at a time, using Shift + Swing button.

Y.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines