April 26, 2024, 08:08:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pattern randomly changes after some time playing or after using beat repeat.  (Read 3822 times)

Darkatek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi guys, iīve been jamming quite a bit with my drumbrute and loving most things about it but after playing for a while it randomly changes the start of some instruments and goes completely offbeat out of the blue. Iīm using it standalone so it canīt be an issue of sync with daw or anything else. Is anyone else having this issue? It also looses track and goes off when i use the beat repeat sometimes. Basically it delays some steps of some instruments by one or two beats keeping the pattern but going off between each other.
Not sure if I managed to explain myself properly but hope someone can help. Thx in advance X

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Hi ,Are you able to reproduce this?  As i've not seen this happen . could you save your templates/patterns and reload them in and see if it happens again.  did you update the firmware also.

Let me know as ill try and check it here.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
Hello.

Does this issue happens both with or without swing / shift ?

Have you created a support ticket ?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Musically Yours

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

Darkatek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi again and sorry for the delay answering, I have done the firmware update and will try to record it happening on both midi and audio so you can have a look. It might have something to do with swing/shift as i think iīve used both on pretty much every pattern i created. Havenīt played much with the presets or without any swing/shift and poly which were some of the main reasons i got this for so not sure if it happens without swing but will test it out. I hope itīs only a firmware issue. Btw is it normal my kick 2 volume pot makes lotssss of noise? I notice they all do a bit and i guess itīs normal on analogue gear but the kick 2 one is ridiculously loud noise so i canīt touch it during a live situation or recording. Iīm starting to think this drumbrute has been used before and maybe i should swap it for a new one.

mvranjes

Darkatek your question brought me to this forum. I have the same described problem: pattern just goes out of sync, same happened before latest firmware and after. Sometimes it just happens after playing with beatrepeat and sometimes after I turn on the highpass filter on, after couple of minutes my pattern sounds weird and I have to stop it and play again :(
Kick 2 have lots of "high" presence and I dont like it either. Needs to be routed on external mixer and cut off high's and boost some low.
Also I find kick 1 impact sounds wrong and every click sounds different. Such useless feature for know. I am able to make only 1 usefull kick (pitch set to lowest value without any sweep because it sounds very bad).
For now drumbrute is very unreliable machine for live-music, I really hope they will fix at least 'out of sync problem' in future firmware.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
Hi again and sorry for the delay answering, I have done the firmware update and will try to record it happening on both midi and audio so you can have a look. It might have something to do with swing/shift as i think iīve used both on pretty much every pattern i created. Havenīt played much with the presets or without any swing/shift and poly which were some of the main reasons i got this for so not sure if it happens without swing but will test it out. I hope itīs only a firmware issue. Btw is it normal my kick 2 volume pot makes lotssss of noise? I notice they all do a bit and i guess itīs normal on analogue gear but the kick 2 one is ridiculously loud noise so i canīt touch it during a live situation or recording. Iīm starting to think this drumbrute has been used before and maybe i should swap it for a new one.

-> If you can reproduce the issue, please make a short video clip and create a support ticket so I can follow up your case.
On the ticket, please provide the maximum informaitons on the setup and how did you reproduced the issue. (Swing / Shift etc...)

-> About the Volume knob: Yes this is by design. This behaviour may alleviate in the future after using more the knobs, but won't get worse. So don't worry.
The behaviour is the same on al volume knobs, but the Kick 2 doesn't have a lot of harmonics so it's easier to hear it.

Darkatek your question brought me to this forum. I have the same described problem: pattern just goes out of sync, same happened before latest firmware and after. Sometimes it just happens after playing with beatrepeat and sometimes after I turn on the highpass filter on, after couple of minutes my pattern sounds weird and I have to stop it and play again :(
Kick 2 have lots of "high" presence and I dont like it either. Needs to be routed on external mixer and cut off high's and boost some low.
Also I find kick 1 impact sounds wrong and every click sounds different. Such useless feature for know. I am able to make only 1 usefull kick (pitch set to lowest value without any sweep because it sounds very bad).
For now drumbrute is very unreliable machine for live-music, I really hope they will fix at least 'out of sync problem' in future firmware.

We are already working on a firmware upgrade to fix the described issues.
If you are up to do that, I recommend that you report your issues through the support ticket system.
I will take care of your tickets asap.

www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp

Best Regards

Edouard

DGDGDGDGDG

rseymour

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I actually have a recording of it in ableton.  It was (I believe) after 130 measures... or maybe 128 (some sort of buffer overflow at 2^7?)

I was just jamming for a long time and it just went out of wack.  Didn't check the midi output but I was recording that too.  I can check when I get home.

I wasn't using beat repeat at all.

[EDIT] attached mp3 is 3 measures before glitch which happened right at 132 measures, then 3 measures after.  You can hear the kick drum drop out.  I'm pretty sure it shows up in the midi notes sent as well.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 03:51:49 am by rseymour »

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
Hello.

Please check your PM or mail.

Best Regards

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

ThatGuySmitty

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I too have experienced this unpredictable and unwanted phenomenon when using the beat repeat function.  The sequence goes all wonky and out of time.

rseymour

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
For the record the beta firmware (which Edouard sent me after his DM) seems to have fixed the problem completely for me.

Hopefully they'll get it out officially soon.

ThatGuySmitty

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Great news!!! Merry Christmas indeed!!!

Atarikid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I have the same problem... after using the "step repeat" the beat is totally distorted (sometimes), until i use the step repeat again... then the pattern plays normal again.

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Hi Atarikid,
I think you should update your firmware as this is fixed.

Y.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines