April 18, 2024, 04:59:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bug: Odd Swing behaviour  (Read 2866 times)

Lenny

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Bug: Odd Swing behaviour
« on: November 22, 2016, 02:57:07 pm »
Has anyone else noticed an oddity with the Swing function ?

The Swing function should delay each even-numbered step, however I've noticed that sometimes the BSP delays each odd-numbered step, which is wrong (and sounds it, as the down-beats are off the beat).  I'm not entirely sure what causes this, but it seems to occur upon changing from one pattern to another (not always, just sometimes).  I then have to stop the transport, and restart in order to get back to normal Swing behaviour.

Is this specific to my BSP, or do others experience this ?

The surest way to test this is with a very slow tempo and Swing set to 75%.  You'll then be able to see the issue from the step LEDs (if you see the even numbered steps lit up longer than the odd numbered steps, then you're seeing the same error).

Lenny.

FastGraph

Re: Bug: Odd Swing behaviour
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 08:58:52 am »

Lenny

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 11:07:12 pm »
Hi Frank. My bad - I should have searched.

Does my description match what you're experiencing ?  I'm guessing it's the same problem.
If between us we can pin it down a bit, we could submit a bug report.

FastGraph

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 11:14:59 pm »
I'll check within the next few days though I doubt if we will ever see a firmware update now that arturia has released their new stuff. Same thing happened to the original beatstep...

elijahlucian

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 09:23:20 pm »
I can confirm I am experiencing this issue. The beatstep is losing time in the subdivisions, but sometimes in the main beats too.

It seems to resolve itself if I stop then start playing.

The problem gets worse if I use the 1/4 - 1/8 ... slicers.

almost like the clock goes out of sync. This is a pretty dire issue for anybody wanting to use this live.

tkabd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 05:36:44 am »
I have the same problem. Tried to start a thread - no answers. The problem appears when using roller. Also the roller when used in 16th mode swings the synth tracks but doesn't swing the drum track.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 10:25:32 am »
There was an issue with swing not working at all at one stage.  I went to use the swing recently and noticed it did nothing (which really made it sound bad along side my Keystep swinging like a monkey), then I checked again the other night and all was good (so I took down my feature request).  BUT, thinking about it, what I was running on the BPS when it sounded like it wasn't working was a syncopated bass-line, so if it is broken in the way you describe, I would have thought it wasn't working at all.....I'll try it out again tonight.

Thank You All for helping me realise that I'm crazy, but not insane ;D
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Lenny

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 04:22:56 pm »
I think I've pinned it down.  The problem occurs when changing between patterns with different timebases (1/8s, 1/16s).  It's even worse when changing between a triplet based and non-triplet based pattern (in this situation, 2 sequencers can be left out of sync with each other, despite them both having the same timebase and sequence length).

This ties in with elijahlucian's remarks regarding the Slicer also being implicated.

I'm about to submit a bug report.

Lenny

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 03:44:25 pm »
I'm happy to report that the version 2.0 firmware update fixes this problem.   :-)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines