May 08, 2024, 06:36:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: strange behaviour - inverted keyboard?  (Read 1267 times)

synthcreep

• Apprentice
strange behaviour - inverted keyboard?
« on: November 17, 2016, 10:24:46 pm »
Howdy.  I've tried looking through both the Midi Control Center and the Beatstep Pro manuals, searched online and in this forum without luck. 

I use the Beatstep Pro as a standalone sequencer for my CV and MIDI gear.  Last night while jamming the 'Pro keyboard inverted itself.  By this I mean that if normally the lowest note is on the far left and the highest on the right (like a piano), suddenly this was reversed with the highest note was on the left and the lowest on the right.

I assumed that I must have hit some non-obvious shift input sequence but I was not able to find anything in the docs covering this.  Both note sequencers were affected and changing patterns did not fix it.  The only way I could get it to revert to the correct keyboard direction was to unplug the power.

Anyone else encountered this?  Is this a bug or a non-obvious feature?

Cheers

Lenny

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: strange behaviour - inverted keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 06:32:59 pm »
I got the same behaviour a couple of days ago.  I also had to power off-on to get things back to normal.

It's definitely a bug - I'm guessing it's an init bug. IIRC in that instance, the BSP was powered up by waking my mac laptop from sleep (known to be problematic on occasion for usb attached devices).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines