April 18, 2024, 03:07:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Was ready to buy DrumBrute, but not now!  (Read 2638 times)

Tonysal123

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Was ready to buy DrumBrute, but not now!
« on: November 17, 2016, 12:31:50 am »
Was ready to drop the $$  & pre-order a DrumBrute, but after the total lack of support for my warranty replacement keybed for my MiniBrute I put a stop! Been waiting nearly 2 months, have sent many many emails, no response. So new buyers, you have been warned!

biggator

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Was ready to buy DrumBrute, but not now!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 09:32:39 pm »
Funny.. my Minibrute and SparkLE have been flawless, but I'd still really hesitate to spend much money on Arturia hardware based on everything I see here (and the slow/lack of updates/bug fixes)

hardware 408

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 06:43:36 pm »
I will chime in here to say Drumbrute was the first arturia product i got and it seems like everything works exactly how it should. Same for the beatstep pros.

As far as the forum goes, it does seem like a huge bunch of issues posted, but here and there i see a lot of helpful tips being handed off.

I did have a confusion with online connecting i forget what it was about specifically but an arturia person got back to me within a day and helped me out.

Also i was amazed to *not* run into any confusing weirdness while following the MMC formware update instructions.

So far my impression is quite positive. 

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 10:32:58 am »
Hardware 408, I'm glad you're here.  Nice to have some positive souls around.
I have to agree, I've not had any real issues with my Arturia products.  Little niggles, nothing I find make any of them unusable.  The BSP was my first and it worked how it should out of the box (from the first run, I preordered that little powerhouse).  And again with my Keystep, which I purchased the day it arrive in Australia.  I walked into the store intending to buy Keystep and walked out with it and a Minibrute.  That is how much I am happy with my Arturia experiences.  In fact, if it wasn't for my need for a few tools such as an adat AD/DA, I'd have a Drumbrute also.

tl;dr Don't pay too much heed to the haters, most of those with the good experience are too busy playing to be here telling us about how much fun they are having!
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines