April 20, 2024, 12:15:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Affordable DAW integration?  (Read 4558 times)

SoundGoddess

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Breaking the 5th wall to travel faster-than-light!
    • Water Wraith
Affordable DAW integration?
« on: November 15, 2016, 07:48:59 am »
I really want to be able to connect this up to Bitwig Studio for individual channel mixing and FX, would this get the job done?

After shipping it is $223 up front and $149/mo for three months after, which would fit into my budget range.

* 3x Lexicon Audio interface
* 12x 3.5mm M/M cable
* 6x stereo breakout cable

Hardware: Keylab 49, MicroBrute, BeatStep, SparkLE, Spark

Software Synths: V-Collection 4 Update, SynthMaster, Massive, Hive, Serum, Enzyme

DAW: Bitwig Studio

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Affordable DAW integration?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 03:51:18 pm »
Hi, First Are you thinking of using 3 different sound cards to get multi inputs on your Daw?  and the multi outs need to be mono jacks and not stereo.
can you not stretch to this
https://www.thomann.de/gb/focusrite_scarlett_18i8_2nd_gen.htm?ref=search_prv_16

then if you need more get this later to make up 16 inputs  all for around 500 euros

https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_ada_8200_ultragain.htm?ref=search_prv_7

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

deanfreud

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Mono Monk
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 01:39:13 pm »
I got a very good Setup for the DrumBrute

Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK Mixer/Audio Interface and the Exploding Shed DrumBrute Cabels

12 in 14 out Audio Interface and Mixing Console
http://www.soundcraft.com/en-US/products/signature-12-mtk

DrumBrute Cables from Exploding Shed in various length and multiple Cables combined
http://www.exploding-shed.com/arturia-drumbrute-cables

SoundGoddess

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Breaking the 5th wall to travel faster-than-light!
    • Water Wraith
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 12:38:55 am »
A mixer like that would be great, but I don't consider paying more than double the price to be affordable.  If I'm going to spend that kind of money, Maschine Studio would make more sense to me.

Here is what I am thinking about now:

Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 USB Interface

Hosa Insert Snake Cable (1/4" TRS x 4 to 1/4" TS x 8)

8x Hosa GMP113 Female 1/4" to Male 1/8" Adapter

I assume that this would get the job done...I am sure 8 channels would suffice to do panning and FX in my DAW.

So it's coming out to $690 vs the TR-8 for $499 (which has built-in multi-out audio over USB for no-hassle DAW integration).  I may bite the bullet though, because the 808 sound is pretty ubiquitous and I am hoping that the DrumBrute has a discernibly unique vibe to it.  Plus I am sure a quality audio interface will come in handy at some future point once I start acquiring more hardware gear.

I am still a little on the fence at this point...trying to figure out how to prioritize my music budget for 2017.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 06:23:19 am by SoundGoddess »
Hardware: Keylab 49, MicroBrute, BeatStep, SparkLE, Spark

Software Synths: V-Collection 4 Update, SynthMaster, Massive, Hive, Serum, Enzyme

DAW: Bitwig Studio

CHFMN

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 08:56:25 am »
So it's coming out to $690 vs the TR-8 for $499 (which has built-in multi-out audio over USB for no-hassle DAW integration).

you do realize that you are comparing an analog drum machine to an all digital one, right? because 100% analog is what makes the drumbrute appealing in the first place. why not just hook it up to your DAW via usb and assign 808/909 samples to the pads in the DAW if you want that sound as well...

sin night

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 03:42:12 pm »
The Lexicon Audio interface has 2 mono inputs, so with 3 interfaces you would get only 6 inputs (it can be enough if you need to record only a few instruments separately, but you won't still be able to record individually all the drumbrute sounds).
Same for the Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 USB Interface, it features only 4 analog input (the last input is SPDIF, which is stereo but digital, so it's useless for this task).

Anyway, I would advice you against the aggregate device solution (handled natively on Mac, or with Asio4All on Windows), it's a possible source of problems (syncronization between multiple devices). I would rather spend the money on an interface with more inputs (maybe with ADAT, if you plan to expand your hardware setup).

Darkatek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 02:54:11 am »
Hi there guys, I ´m also trying to figure out the best and most affordable way to get as many separated outputs as possible into Ableton and have looked into quite a few options. I think less than 8 analogue inputs is not enough considering that ideally you would have 10 minimum, so i checked on Thomman and Music Store for AI´s with at least 8 and the most affordable I saw was the Behringer FCA 1616 for 215€ https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_fca1616.htm The Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 also looks appealing though the Behringer  has firewire which is way quicker and is 70€ cheaper. I know Behringer is a cheap brand but as i never had any behringer stuff not sure how bad it is. This topic is quite interesting and i hope ppl post more of they´re solutions.

Cheers X

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 10:12:20 am »
Hi.

If you already own an interface with ADAT, I own this and it really does the job.

Behringer Ultragain Digital ADA8200

8 x IN - 8 x OUT

€189.00

DGDGDGDGDG

Darkatek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 02:14:01 pm »
I don´t have any Audio Interface but another option .would be buying a not so expensive 2 input AI and the ADA8200 and end up with 10 inputs or even buy a 4 input Audio interface and have 12 which would be good too but maybe not so important.
Ideally i wouldn´t spend more than 250€ but am now having a look also into the Soundcraft and Behringer mixers with AI and multiple outputs thru USB like the Xenyx UFX1204 and the 12MTK as dean suggested. What AI with ADAT would you guys recommend in case i want to buy one and the ADA8200?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 01:30:30 pm »
Hi.

If you already own an interface with ADAT, I own this and it really does the job.

Behringer Ultragain Digital ADA8200

8 x IN - 8 x OUT

€189.00

I also use a ADA8200 in my set up great if you use 44.1k or 48k for the extra i/o
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines