March 29, 2024, 09:46:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can Keystep receive midi notes from Beatstep and play a chord?  (Read 1859 times)

avandelay

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Can Keystep receive midi notes from Beatstep and play a chord?
« on: November 14, 2016, 12:25:04 am »
Question about BSP and Keystep working together. Can I send a midi sequence from the BSP to the Keystep in chord or arpeggio mode and then the Keystep sends that midi info to a polyphonic synth? I imagine using a sequencer on BSP to send a pattern to a monosynth via CV, and the same sequence goes to Keystep via midi which generates a chord for a polysynth. Same sequence just translated into a chord so I've got a monosynth playing the root note and a poly playing the appropriate chord/arpeggio.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Can Keystep receive midi notes from Beatstep and play a chord?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 10:36:25 am »
You couldn't program a chord into the Keystep using a monophonic sequencer as it will only ever play one note at a time, but you could make a good go at it using a BSP as it has three sequencers which can all be set to the same channel, effectively creating a simple polyphonic sequencer.  This would mean you are needing to upgrade from the Beatstep to the Pro though.... :-\

Unfortunately THRU mode disables MIDI transposing, so without a MIDI splitter you won't be able to transpose the Keystep via MIDI and pass the transpose note onto another device.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines