April 19, 2024, 04:51:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AUTOMATION OF SEQ AND NEW MODULES  (Read 5074 times)

popcorn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
AUTOMATION OF SEQ AND NEW MODULES
« on: February 18, 2005, 10:08:34 am »
can the sequencer functions be controlled by a ext seq i.e sonar/cubase/logic as i own sonar but cant seem to find the nrpn to contol it or the new modules.
nrpn show up to control most standard knobs like filter cutoff osc tune e.t.c
is the modular a DXI 2 as most of these type of dxi allow realtime recording of their knobs and switches.
would a hardware controller help?
hoping this is posibble or implemented in a future upgrade as i need these funcions to record the wonderful changes that the sequencer has to offer.
just like to say that i love the Mg modular the team have done a wonderful job
thanks

FabP

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 05:49:54 pm »
You can assign the different knobs of the MMV with the midi assign function (ctrl-click on a knob under windows).
The sequencer knobs can be assigned with the same procedure that all the other knobs.
Fabrice PAUMIER
ARTURIA Marketing Manager

popcorn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
re auto control of seq
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 09:57:36 pm »
thanks Fabrice
cntrl clicked the seq knobs and the system said learning noting happened but i then tried the same thing using  my yamaha w7 that only has one control slider and sure enough i was able to control the rotary knobs on the seq and record the movement as data in sonar seems i need a hardware controller?
unfortunately was unable to control the red buttons or change the little lcd that enables change in seq lines playing,shame because these make the seq stand out from any other software synth.
any other idears
thanks
guy

FabP

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 09:43:05 am »
If you don't have any hardware controler, you can assign the knobs with the same procedure, but instead of click on the "learning" button, you just have to click on "control #0" to display a list of controlers.
Click on a controler in the popup list to assign it to the knob.
Fabrice PAUMIER
ARTURIA Marketing Manager

popcorn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 09:22:04 pm »
thanks Fabrice will try to use your advice in a recording soon

popcorn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 11:59:41 pm »
hi fabrice
purchased a evolution uc-33e and after a little bit of luck managed to get the controller learning function working and can now control and record movement from the Mg in realtime wow. the only functions that i need to be able to record now on the seq are changing the pattens in the lcd seq window i.e C12 C23 C123 L12 L23 L123 and the red link buttons can't seem to get a way of automating these.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines